Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:48 pm Reply with quote

Yes Virignia, there is a RavenNuke(tm) update/release in your future Smile

I sufered some setbacks due to health over the last several weeks that has tossed our original time table off. Unfortunately, the development team was at my mercy because I was the only one who has direct access to the server where new software had to be installed.

So, where are we? Well, we now have Subversion CVS up and running along with a bug/issue tracker called Mantis. We are actively addressing the bugs/issues in v2.02.00. All this wil soon be made public so that you will be able to d/l the CVS branches if you like living on the wild side Smile

I will not make the mistake of posting a timetable, but I will post the release schedule that we have targeted for the project.

RavenNuke76(tm) v2.02.00 - Currnet public release
RavenNuke76(tm) v2.02.02 - A patch/fix release only (soon)
RavenNuke76(tm) v2.10.00 - Next feature release and any bugs that make the cutoff.
RavenNuke76(tm) v2.10.02 - A patch/fix release only
RavenNuke76(tm) v2.20.00 - Possibly, but not actually in the plans

PHP-Portal(tm) v00.10.00 - Experimental/Exploratory at this point. If this comes to pass, it will be a turning point for RavenNuke76(tm). I am not at liberty at this point to say anything more, but if all goes well, I hope to usher in a Portal that will allow you to truly build the portal of your dreams (well, almost). There are no promises, only dreams, hope, expectations, and experience.

Keep checking back - it will only get better Wink

Last edited by Raven on Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total 
hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:59 am Reply with quote

RavenNuke76 Development Back on Track ?
When was it OFF TRACK ?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:00 am Reply with quote

speedtype

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:05 am Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:
RavenNuke76 Development Back on Track ?
When was it OFF TRACK ?

Exactly - To some, though, because we weren't publishing updates/releases it seemed as if it may have faded away. We plan to do this to a high standard of Quality Assurance and we needed to put collaborative tools and methodologies in place. W are also trying to assemble the best team using diversity as a strength and not a weakness. Our approach and releases will be thought out carefully and calculated, not rushed. They will be much more than just bloated distributions and copy-cats of other's work. Wink

Maedondias

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:53 am Reply with quote

no matter the time frame, the wait is always worth it Raven! good luck and good health

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:00 am Reply with quote

Thanks!

We're looking to start QA testing on the v2.02.02 patch rlease ans patch level update this week. So, it's getting close. I will be posting the fix list in a day or two.

crypto
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:48 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:

RavenNuke76(tm) v2.02.02 - A patch/fix release only (soon)
RavenNuke76(tm) v2.10.00 - Next feature release and any bugs that make the cutoff.

Hi!

Whats the latest status for 2.02.02 and v2.10.00?

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:36 am Reply with quote

We are still working on v2.02.02 and are almost ready to release it to the QA team. To be honest with you al, we found some issues with the 3.2 patch and have been having to work around those issues, so it has delayed us but the outcome will be much cleaner.

There is no ETA for v2.10.00 at this time.

blith
Client

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:44 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for your hard work!!!
RavensScripts

sak
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:04 pm Reply with quote

Keep up the good work, Raven and company! I'm sure the next version will be well worth the wait. *drools*

edit: something wrong with the timezones? My post is showing up for me in the middle of a bunch of others, even though it is the latest reply to this thread Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:55 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
We are still working on v2.02.02 and are almost ready to release it to the QA team. To be honest with you al, we found some issues with the 3.2 patch and have been having to work around those issues, so it has delayed us but the outcome will be much cleaner.

There is no ETA for v2.10.00 at this time.

When the v2.02.02 will be released? Does it include latest phpBB patchs?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quote

Soon.
Yes.
Smile

crypto

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:01 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Soon.
Yes.
Smile

I hope that it's VERY soon... I have to patch my site asap because one of the module was hacked (defaced)... Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quote

If a third party module has a vulnerability, all the patching in the world will not prevent that. It can only be done by tightening up security within the module files themselves, for example by sanitizing variables etc.

crypto

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:18 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
If a third party module has a vulnerability, all the patching in the world will not prevent that. It can only be done by tightening up security within the module files themselves, for example by sanitizing variables etc.

It was PHP-nukes standard encyclopedia which were defaced. I believe that PHP-Nuke Patched v3.2 and Nuke Sentinel can give more protection against these defacements.

What is ETA for the release?

montego

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:38 am Reply with quote

crypto, if you could do this please, if you can find the source of the initial "attack" through either your server logs (looking for odd query strings) or even NukeSentinel's IP/user tracking, please PM Raven or I here and gives us that string to investigate. With all the patching we've already had (3.1 should be pretty tight), I would be surprised its a core nuke module, but you never know for sure. We need to know how they have done it and get the hole "plugged".

Do NOT post the exploit directly in the forums please!! Thanks.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic