Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums
 

 

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel™
Author Message
Kilch
Hangin' Around


Joined: Feb 05, 2006
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:44 pm Reply with quote

OK, please bear with me please. I am no programming guru by any means. I have just spent over a month transferring my board from InvisionFree to phpNuke (quite a learning experience).

I am using phpNuke 7.6 that I had downloaded from phpNuke.org, so I am gathering that is no patch in with the install files, right?

OK, now I am seeing that I need to (and want to) add Sentinel to my site for extra security as its investment site). I have installed NukeSentinel_760_220pl2 into my "dummy" phpNuke site, which I put it in as a subdirectory (www.root_directory/nuke7.6test). Now, when I installed the Nuke files, I was able to get to the Admin console w/o any issues, which would be normal. Now, when I installed Sentinel, I try to access the Admin console, but instead of logging me into my "Dummy" Admin Console, it logs me into my root nuke site.

I am under the understanding here that I should have installed Sentinel in to the Patched Version of Nuke, right? Problem is that I have my site just the way I want it with over 550 members currently using the Forum. How can I add Sentinel to my root phpNuke installation without damaging what I currently have in place?

I need some help and if this is in the wrong forum, please move it and let me know. I find this site slightly overwhelming and not sure where to post.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kilch
 
View user's profile Send private message
hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce


Joined:
Posts: 5661

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:30 pm Reply with quote

well kilch (you do come at some places).
People need more info...
and ...
Quote:
I have just spent over a month transferring my board from InvisionFree to phpNuke (quite a learning experience)


?..wasnt that done by somebody else?

Like i said...more info about the nuke version you have plus what the patched version?...better know as nuke 2.9 , 3.0 , or 3.1

And btw installing sentinel doesnt damage a website in any way.
 
View user's profile Send private message
FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team


Joined: Jun 12, 2004
Posts: 637
Location: Ohio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:33 pm Reply with quote

Kilch, you are correct that if you got your version from php-nuke.org that it isn't patched. My thinking is that you should be able to download the patch for 7.6, one here if you so desire. It contains only the files that need to be changed to be "patched" it is not the full version of nuke...Smile Now there is instructions as to what needs to be changed in themes and modules to get them to display correctly. These forums have a lot of info in them in case something else pops up or there is a lot of knowledgeable people here that can help if a problem occurs. Then use the latest Sentinel if you want to be more secure.

When you installed the test site, is it in a different DB then your original site?

If it was me, I would use your test site if it is in a different DB, or if you can, make a new test site that is in a different DB, load the files from the 7.6 u got from phpnuke.org, so it is similiar to your main site. Then I would apply the patched version to it to see what problems if any occur. Fix any problems with the test site, then I would install the Sentinel version into it. That way any problems that might occur would be on your test site, and not the main site. If you run into a problem, check the forums here for an answer to them. If can't find the answer, post in the appropriate forums, and someone should have an answer for you. Once everything is worked out, then you know what to do on the main site. That is the way I would work it out.
 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Kilch
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:42 pm Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:
well kilch (you do come at some places).
People need more info...
and ...
Quote:
I have just spent over a month transferring my board from InvisionFree to phpNuke (quite a learning experience)


?..wasnt that done by somebody else?

Like i said...more info about the nuke version you have plus what the patched version?...better know as nuke 2.9 , 3.0 , or 3.1

And btw installing sentinel doesnt damage a website in any way.



Funny you mention that. In fact, I did have someone attempt the conversion, but it didn't take for some reaon, when ever I tried to post a new topic, it posted the topic as if it was a reply, or something. So, I stated all over and found that I had to use a combination of a couple. Really weired, but I finally got the darn this to work. Took me all day whe I had like..... four different conversions. hehe. Liek I said, what a learning experiance.

Yea, I did get some help from a lot of different ppl as far as advise is soncerned and the dump perameters for the ipb data.

Kilch Very Happy
 
Kilch
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:48 pm Reply with quote

FireATST wrote:
Kilch, you are correct that if you got your version from php-nuke.org that it isn't patched. My thinking is that you should be able to download the patch for 7.6, one here if you so desire. It contains only the files that need to be changed to be "patched" it is not the full version of nuke...Smile Now there is instructions as to what needs to be changed in themes and modules to get them to display correctly. These forums have a lot of info in them in case something else pops up or there is a lot of knowledgeable people here that can help if a problem occurs. Then use the latest Sentinel if you want to be more secure.



OK, so you're saying that the latest Sentinel works with nuke7.6, right? I was under the understanding that a certain version of nuke requires a cerain version of Senitel.


Quote:

When you installed the test site, is it in a different DB then your original site?


Absolutly. Yes. Never want to harm the db I had "worked" so hard for.


Thanks for your help. It really helped. Now, to find the patch.

BRB Smile

Kilch
 
Kilch
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:56 pm Reply with quote

FireATST,

Not knowing that much (yet) about this stuff, I was just looking around this site looking for the Patch and Sentinel version. Which ones would be a better pick for my "vergin" phpNuke 7.6?

Would it be possible to have a link? Or is that a nono?

Thanks,

Kilch
 
hitwalker
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:05 pm Reply with quote

well the point is that you need to patch your nuke version.
here on the site (main index) you see the links to those patches (CHATSERV)
upload that and follow instructions including updates...
the install the newest sentinel,also available here in the downloads.
 
FireATST
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:57 pm Reply with quote

The patched version links are on the right side of main page. Scroll down and you will see the different versions that are patched from Chatserv. As hitwalker stated, Sentinel is in the downloads section..... Very Happy
 
Display posts from previous:       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel™

View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2007 phpBB Group
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
 
Forums ©