Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes
galat514

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:37 am Reply with quote

Hi!

Other than changing all of the themes individually is there anyway to control colors, fonts, etc from a central location. My idea was to define a handful of themes then include the styles directly in the code and not in a CSS file. The users would then be presented a drop-down menu to select the size of the fonts relative to some base. The code would take this value and change font sizes accordingly (ie. base+2, base +3, etc). Any help would be great.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:35 am Reply with quote

Towards the end of the thread:
http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/postt7990.html

there is a brief discussion about this. If you go into Forums style administration you can see how it might work. But it involves having tables and writing forms to manage the tables.

I don't know what the advantage of defining the styles in the code versus in a css file would be. I suppose that you could write a general purpose style manager for Nuke that would manage (using drop down boxes like you suggest) the styles in whatever the "active" theme is but that would only work if each of the styles css files were defined consistently. And from what I can see "consistency" and PHPnuke themes are an oxymoron.

For what you are suggesting in terms of changing font sizes what's wrong with just ctrl- or ctrl+ at least on a Firefox browser.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes

View next topic
View previous topic