Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> MySQL
borat
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:36 am Reply with quote

Hi

Came across a weird problem today. I check my database everyday and the average size of this particular database is about 80 mb. But for a slight moment it was showing as 600 MB! Then when I checked again it was back to 80 mb.

Am I going insane or is there a legimate reason for me to be concerned here? What could have caused it?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:06 am Reply with quote

I have never experienced this and I am thinking that it is more of a bug in whatever tool you are using to check your database. What tool were you using and how were you using it to check?

borat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:53 am Reply with quote

I thought the exact same thing but I checked in 2 places, in cpanel and then also in the phpbb forums admin section. But before I had the chance to see which table it was in phpmyadmin it reverted back to normal.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:39 am Reply with quote

That is a staggering DB size.
Just out of personal curiosity, how much disc space do you have on your hosting account (assuming its not on a local box)?
I have seen the sessions table , ip logging and word count data peek but no where near this sort of figure - thats incredible.

borat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:27 pm Reply with quote

Hi

My disc space is about 20 gigs (I host several sites on there). The db in question is for my second busiest site. I'm going to investigate this further because it's bugging me, I won't be able to sleep until I figure it out LOL

montego

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:26 am Reply with quote

borat, are you sure its not just a glitch in phpMyAdmin or combination of that with some other server processing? if you have only seen it this once, then not sure it was "real". Have you also consulted with your host to see if they have any ideas? If your account is still showing a usage level that you are expecting, not sure its worth trying to figure it out? Your call, of course.

borat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:30 pm Reply with quote

Hi
You are probably right...
today I actually spoke to our local chapter of mysql "experts" in my city and they said it was probably a bug and since I haven't seen it happen again I will let it go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> MySQL

View next topic
View previous topic