Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
benson
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:41 am Reply with quote

Hello Raven,

are you planing some improvements to phpBB Forums in your distribution. I am not very familiar with that modul, therfore I would like to have some additional functions or mods in your installation.

There is e.g. a Quick Reply or Similar Topics option in this forum here, would it be possible to get these also in the next release ?

As I saw on phpBB homepage, there are always some modifications for the core files needed. That is the reason I am asking for integration in this distribution. Otherwise I will have to do the changes for every update (phpBB or ravenNuke Smile) by my selfe, right?

gebiet51.de & fellpartner.de 
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:41 am Reply with quote

The issue with many of the forum mods is that they often require changes to themes. And, not everyone wants them. I definitely agree that both Quick Reply and Similar Topics are extremely useful.

Assuming most people want these, the tradeoff would be having to add the necessary code to any theme to make it compatible with RavenNuke. That makes a distribution less desirable.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:55 am Reply with quote

Please see [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:22 am Reply with quote

Great! Thanks... Should we prepare a readme / guide on modifying themes?

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:26 am Reply with quote

We need more documentation all the way around. This is actually growing exponentially. We're going to have to talk, offline, about collaboration Smile. this is not unexpected, it's just happening faster than I thought it would.

In the case of the quick reply mod, the mod will be pre installed so it's kind of a moot point.

benson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:14 pm Reply with quote

Hi,

I like the following mods:

## Mod Title: Show Online In View Topic
## Mod Version: 2.0.0
## Author: AJ Quick, (http://www.ajquick.com/)
## Updated for PHPNuke , phpBB By Telli [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
## Description:
## This mod will show the status of a user in viewtopic
## next to their post. Stating if they are online or not.

this one is very simple and only little changes are needed, it shows if a user is online in the left of each reply where the user is shown. It supports if a user likes to be hidden or not.

Then I like the following quick reply mod:

## MOD Title: Super Quick Reply
## MOD Author: hayk < [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] > (Hayk Chamyan) [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
## MOD Description: This MOD adds "quick" reply form to View Topic page.
## It can be configured both for a specific user and for the entire board.
##
## MOD Version: 1.3.2

this one is not so easy to implement but it has all featers and an admin section. Also the user can change some parameters. I realy like it ! If a webmaster does not like it, he can disable it !!!

The last one (beside Similar Topics I have not tested) I would like to see is a print topic function like this one:

## Mod Title: printable page
## Mod Version: 1.0.0
## Author: Adam Ismay (admin@boardz.tk)
## Description: Gives the option of a printable version
## which has no non-message graphics and has
## a more compact display format. All messages
## in a thread are displayed.
##
## Installation Level: easy
## Installation Time: 2 mins
## Files To Edit: 2
## Included files: 2

it is also very easy to install !

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic