Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:43 am Reply with quote

I am developing a site where individuals can post a 'condolance' message directly to a web page.
If anyone is aware of any pre-made script or would be willing to spare some time to write something I could develop further, I would like to hear from you.
The condolance site will be free for anyone to use, with no adverts, google ads or anything else and the only thing I'm willing to do as far as 'advertisiing' goes, is place a link or credit to the script or author.

The 'form' would need to contain 4 fields;
Name of submitter
Name of individual the the condlance message is for
Condolance message (allow common html tags such as BR P etc )
Select from three or four pre-defined images (displayed on the form) to accompany the message

The form should post the data to a mySQL DB

The displaying webpage should display the data in a 2 column layout (image in left column, text data in the right column

No authentication is required save that it must email the 'submission' to a predetermined email address to ensure I'm aware of the submission.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:54 am Reply with quote

Have you tried this? [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:35 am Reply with quote

Thanks Raven. No I had not seen that but it is certainly worth investigating further.
The site was started as something of a knee-jerk reaction following the passing of my Mother. As a consequence I did not plan it out properly so even though the site is not driven by phpNuke, I am becoming more and more convinced that it should be to encompass all the things I had initially wanted to achieve more efficiently.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:46 am Reply with quote

I know there is a stand alone application like that also. In fact, I was making modifications for someone a while back and they suddenly pulled out on me. If you can't use the one from Dezina, get back with me and I'll try to find what I was working on.

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quote

I have something that may or may not work for you. It sounds like it would but I have not tested it. You are welcome to take a look. I hope that it will.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

of course it would need some altering but if it works for a basis it is worth it I suppose.

Good Luck! Smile

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:57 am Reply with quote

Thanks Jaded, I must have missed your post when you made it for some reason.
I'll try both of these today - thanks all.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:45 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Raven, the light a candle module works well - had to hit it with my trusty mallett a couple of times to get the nuke menu/header/header pulled in as it was pretty much a stand alone html page but its working real nice now including a replacement 'tune'.

Jaded, your recommendation is working pretty wel, just need to iron out a couple of permission related issues due to 'patched' so thanks once again - just wanted to feedback to you both and extend my appreciation for your responses.

Deseroka
Client

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:28 am Reply with quote

Guardian, What was your final result with working with the light a candle mod? I've had it in my files for what seems forever, and just started playing around with it this week.
Can I see your end result?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quote

I'll have to dig that one out again as I had put it one side to finish some more pressing stuff.
If I don't get back to you in 24 hours just remind me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic