Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
kaimuki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:26 am Reply with quote

Aloha all!

I got to the INSTALLATION/installSQL.php step, and since I got no response from Step 4 (Load All IP2COUNTRY Data), tried the steps 4a-4f, starting with 4a, but I wasn't getting a response, so clicked it (4a) again (did this kill the ongoing load?), and tried it a few more times, then did similar things with steps 4b through 4f, with no confirmation response. So I took a break for a few minutes thinking about it... after that, I saw there was a confirmation message for step 4f (completed in 85 seconds)! So thought perhaps I was terminating previous steps by clicking Load again, and tried the steps again. Then I realized that after trying each step, there was an "ERROR!" message at the very bottom of the screen each time I re-tried a load, and because it was at the bottom, below the scroll, I didn't see it.

The error message (for step 4a):
ERROR! The exact error message that your MySQL server reported is Duplicate entry '0-16777215' for key 1.
(with different data for each step, of course)

So this leads me to believe at least some data was loaded on each step (4a-4f), but perhaps didn't complete due to my hasty reclicking of the "Load" button?

I tried to look for the sql file to see what the last data loaded for each step was, but there were a bunch of gzipped files, and it wasn't clear to me which one corresponded to which load step, so I stopped. I did use phpMyAdmin to look at nuke_nsnst_ipcountry and saw there were
56,653 rows. This seems like it's in the ballpark... do I have the entire IP2Country load? As mentioned, only Step 4f has a confirmation message next to the load button.

If not, how should I go about starting the IP2Country load again? Do I have to start with the Step 1 Install Core Tables? Or just drop the IP2Country data and start with step 4 again?

Mahalo!
Kaimuki

kaimuki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:15 am Reply with quote

Well, I continued on, then got to the
*Configure NukeSentinel(tm)* step, which starts with:

"Make sure that you have completed the Base RavenNuke76(tm) Configuration and the Forum Configuration before you do this step."

But I never got the "Forum Configuration" so figured it didn't automatically come up because I never completed the IP2COUNTRY install, so I backed up to the installSQL step, starting from step3 "Install NukeSentinel Tables."

Then while waiting a long time for the step4a load to complete (I'll wait 10 minutes/step this time, and check via phpMyAdmin the number of rows of ip2country is not still increasing), I realized that maybe the prerequisite "Forum Configuration" was the "setup.php" config? Not sure... But figured since the IP2COUNTRY loads were optional, the "Forum Configuration" must not be something that comes up only when the IP2COUNTRY loads are complete. So I guess I'm redoing IP2COUNTRY (and shortly setup.php)?

Or is there something else (not setup.php) the "Forum Config" is?

edit: step4a: Loaded! 10000 Instructions processed in 1145.2272s
almost 20 minutes! does my host really suck? doesn't seem it should
take this long...

step 4b: Loaded! 10000 Instructions processed in 1018.3916s
step 4c: Loaded! 10000 Instructions processed in 880.5154s
step 4d: Loaded! 10000 Instructions processed in 671.4299s
step 4e: Loaded! 10001 Instructions processed in 47.7523s
step 4f: Loaded! 11339 Instructions processed in 138.99s

Mahalo,
Kaimuki

Last edited by kaimuki on Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:40 am; edited 2 times in total 
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:39 am Reply with quote

Your host really sucks, sorry. It should load around 20 seconds average.

shinji

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:30 am Reply with quote

Yea. My site was loading them in 4-6 seconds each. I didn't bother trying the big batch of them at once.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic