Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks
WD-40
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:00 am Reply with quote

Some of you may be familiar with Smiletag(tm) - PHP AJAX Shoutbox as others may not however if you are looking for a PHP AJAX Shoutbox to add to your PHP-Nuke website, take a look at Smiletag(tm) PN at:

Smiletag(tm) PN Hompage

This is a free open source project released under GNU/GPL

...multi-purpose problem solver 
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:24 am Reply with quote

WD-40, that link didn't come up for me just now...

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:20 pm Reply with quote

Nope, me neither, even tried the root address.

WD-40

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:34 pm Reply with quote

Hmm.. works for me.

Here's the direct link, I got nukecoders.com redirected; might be causing problems for some others. It's not the real home however I don't have a another place to host it really besides at Nuave.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Try either of those, should work... let me know.

Sincerely,

me

WD-40

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:05 pm Reply with quote

I turned off redirect, having a few other people having some problems reaching the site.

Hopefully this works, also turned off proxy blocker.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:10 pm Reply with quote

Still geting page not found so I give up lol

VinDSL
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

Location: Arizona (USA) Admin: NukeCops.com Admin: Disipal Designs Admin: Lenon.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:02 am Reply with quote

Heh! This is a GREAT idea!

I've been spoiling to do an AJAX block/module project for a couple of months.

I'm gettin' a 404. If this doesn't exist, I'll do it myself...

EDIT: Nevermind! I see it DOES exist -- NukeChatter. Just need a valid link!

Can't really understand why this needs iframes, but it's a start! Smile

VinDSL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:58 am Reply with quote

Aha! Nice job [on the block], WD-40! I've got it up n' running already!

Let me play with it for a while, and get it matching my theme.
Then, I'll provide a link... Wink

Last edited by VinDSL on Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total 
WD-40

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:19 am Reply with quote

I killed the redirecting and located project at: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Was talking with author today, few changes are coming forth with user cookies however that's not an issue with use of PHP-Nuke. We shared some ideas and primary release will be as plugin or for drupal and joomla.

We've decided to rename project to Chatterbox(tm) Software with introductory of NukeChatter(tm).

Another project to which I was going to drop, I'm going to bring back for NukeCoders which is IPTV streaming media player and server as well which does a lot more than playing urls.

I started working on function class to bring forth into a module component plus block to use as chat board and/or small functions to include within your created modules.

Hopefully will introduce IPTV plus Chatterbox for your enjoyment.

I have noticed a few errors/bugs while testing, hope to get those corrected step-by-step before tearing thems up too quickly.

If anyone would like to help out or so forth, feel free to hit me up.

WD-40

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:23 am Reply with quote

Last edited by WD-40 on Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total 
VinDSL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:37 am Reply with quote

I'll have to say...

This guy did a nice job! Smiletag seems to be pretty easy on server load! I'm always concerned about proggies running continuously in the background, especially on shared servers, you know?

WD-40

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:15 am Reply with quote

Yup, very bright soul from indonesia... there's another ajax shoutbox he showed me as well however I thought this was more appealing, especially the administration.

I've just finished going through all the core functions ensuring no paths are being defined to start reordering as I'm still not able to get the block to correctly work inside PHP-Nuke. For a shoutbox it works however this block will also refresh entire display every 20secs - 60secs.

If you have some spare time and want to tinker around, just yell.

Last edited by WD-40 on Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total 
WD-40

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:36 am Reply with quote

Quick update:

Project has been properly named to: Chatterbox(tm)

Project website address: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Just released a proper and stable build of Chatterbox(tm) 1.0 Beta, package includes all available themes.

VinDSL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:43 pm Reply with quote

WD-40 wrote:
For a shoutbox it works however this block will also refresh entire display every 20secs - 60secs.

If you have some spare time and want to tinker around, just yell.

WD-40 wrote:
Just released a proper and stable build of Chatterbox(tm) 1.0 Beta, package includes all available themes.

Heh! I had a few *free* hours last night, but I'm out of time again...

Did you take care of the refresh 'problem'?

WD-40

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:17 pm Reply with quote

Ya, everything is finished and working fine for general usuage.

We had some conversations flying last night, I bumped auto-refresh rate low and wasn't too bad.

I was thinking about hiding a server somewhere and have an optional network to use for global chat but, who knows. Could be used for support or any other means of entertainment.

Right now is a good time to make use of such and customize further to tailor your needs.

WD-40

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:26 pm Reply with quote

Sine I seem to be in the mood of mass posting, thought I add to keep information up-to-date for you all that Yuniar and I will be releasing Smiletag(tm) PN officially to Smiletag(tm) homepage.

With few modifications, will be suitable for PostNuke plus Dragonfly. Hope to introduce a better universal solution to the Nuke community, not requiring any modifications or edits.

I will be redirecting [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] once new packaging is complete. Additional security improvements have been added to check against admin session for administration privilages to help fight against attackers.

Redirection period will last no longer than 10 days, then being redirected back to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

From the both of us, we hope you enjoy this newly addition to your PHP-Nuke family community.

VinDSL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:17 am Reply with quote

Heh! I tweaked a script from Dynamic Drive, and got rid of the dern iframe borders and scroll bars... Wink

Last edited by VinDSL on Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total 
WD-40

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:12 pm Reply with quote

Looks good bud, I'll mention that to Yuniar some-time tonight. I will also have a new and final package entitled Smiletag(tm) PN 2.3 (PHP-Nuke Edition) that will be available at Smiletag(tm) homepage.

Hopefully sometime this weekend I'll have some time to finish this, currently getting OSW/OpenSourceWorks together for promotion of Open Source.

Anywhoots, enough time has been wasted here so I gotta run. I always check my inbox so hit me any time, later bud (actually always sitting here 24/7 sleep 10ft away).

VinDSL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:56 pm Reply with quote

You know... this is an interesting proggie, on LOTS of levels!

Having taken it apart, for a couple of days, during my *non-working* hours, I realize where you're coming from now -- with the 'chat' comments. This is a friggin' chat program, pure and simple -- probably the most creative one I've ever seen -- no kidding!

...but, that's AJAX for you, right? ...the reason for all the hubbub!

It's fine and dandy to turn this into a shoutbox, but all that does is exemplify the startling versitility of this particular piece of code. In a way, I feel bad about seeing it turned it into a block. The shoutbox block is sort of a cheap carnival trick, IMHO, given its potential...

Really, this needs to be turned into the ultimate chat proggie! As you intimated... Wink

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:14 am Reply with quote

WD-40 wrote:
Quick update:

Project has been properly named to: Chatterbox(tm)

Project website address: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

That url is dead Sad

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:33 am Reply with quote

I think this one is still working at the time of posting [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

WD-40 wouldnt it be easier to just put a link on your sites instead of keep redirecting them? It is a little of putting when trying to visit sites you mention to see what the developments are to be great with 'page cannot be found' Wink

VinDSL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:43 pm Reply with quote

Added a character limit and progress bar to the message box (another DD tweak)...

This way, you don't need to worry about overflowing the box and losing your message. Wink

Source: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

WD-40

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:09 am Reply with quote

Smiletag was written by Yuniar... I only made a quick block to support Smiletag within PHP-Nuke.

Wasn't to be anything more than that, there's many other uses I thought could be achieved from such however I'm leaving that to Yuniar within core functions. Everything related to Smiletag should be available at Smiletag homepage.

I saw it, I liked it, author was nice guy, so ...

If you want to share what you have made for Smiletag w/ PHP-Nuke, zip it up and send it over.

VinDSL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:45 pm Reply with quote

WD-40 wrote:
Smiletag was written by Yuniar... If you want to share what you have made for Smiletag w/ PHP-Nuke, zip it up and send it over.

Yep! Understood! I was just posting here out of convenience... Wink

I'm happy enough with the results as-is. However, I'm NOT an iframe fan, so I'll probably play around with it some more, as time allows.

Having said that, iframe usage does offer the added benefit of being able to mix UTF-8 with ISO-8859-1, on the same page. I'll have to admit, I never really considered that before now. As a result of this tinkering, I'm *thinking* about adding an iframe to the RSS/RDF block in 'mainfile.php', just to see what would happen. The feed I'm using now -- Google News RSS -- is UTF-8, so it sure would make life a lot easier!

MY problem is, I hold an intense prejudice against and heartfelt dislike of iframe, et al. It's a holdover from the 'old days'. I've always considered it to be the hallmark of a poorly designed program -- an UNnecessary evil, if you will. I swore off iframe in the last century, but maybe it's time to reinvestigate it; who knows?

Heh! Decisions, decisions... Smile

WD-40

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:15 am Reply with quote

I understand...

There's so many little things that everyone wants different, only way of providing that is to create core functionality to allow further modificaitons to tailor your own needs.

A week of James Bond films... havn't really got too much of anything done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks

View next topic
View previous topic