Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
AskAlice
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:59 pm Reply with quote

I have been working ont this for weeks have even upgraded my phpnuke to 7.9 in hopes it might fix my problem. Blonde Moment

Yea right, I know... Shocked

Anyways thanks to this site and Codewiz's, I have managed to read enough to fix most of my new problems, but the old one is still there.

I can not Add or Modify any Links in my directory or do any maintenance through the admin panel except make a new catagory, when I do I get an internal server error or nothing. I think it also is what causing core.1234 (example files) to be produced when you try to access it.

I am pulling out my hair and getting major frown line which I can't afford. any ideas of what I can do to fix this will be most appreciated. I have read everything on the web I think and my provider says it is not them. Please I will babysit your children, wash your dog, date your grandad HELP!
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:23 pm Reply with quote

I am not sure what possessed you to upgrade to 7.9 but I'll not lecture you Wink
This sounds more like a database issue to me rather than a user authentication problem.
As a first step, I recomend you compare your nuke_links_* database tables (I think there are 6 altogether) with the sql file for that version and make sure it matches up.

AskAlice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:48 am Reply with quote

Quote:

I am not sure what possessed you to upgrade to 7.9 but I'll not lecture you

Thank you, I see you can feel my pain. Bang Head

And thanks for the help. I have compared the tables and they match but each one has a warning message under the Indexes:

Example:

Keyname Type Cardinality Action Field
PRIMARY PRIMARY 129 cid
cid INDEX 129 cid

PRIMARY and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `cid`

But the Sql upload for the database created this so I am not sure if I should do anything to it or not? Am I on the right track? Confused

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:30 am Reply with quote

AskAlice, the warning on the indexes is not the issue and is normal for the way many of the indexes are defined. You can ignore that "path". The "internal server error" error is really bugging me. Have you tried search for those exact words here in these forums? Make sure you select the option to "search for all terms". I get three pages of posts of which maybe the answer is there? Also, the fact that you are getting core dumps from what may be PHP itself is suspicious.

Check out this thread: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

AskAlice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:32 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, the fact that you are getting core dumps from what may be PHP itself is suspicious.

Yes, this is where my problems started. I have a clean install on another section that does not have this problem. I guess the search goes on. I have looked for this problem all over the web but mine seems to be unique. Confused

montego

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:38 am Reply with quote

AskAlice wrote:
Yes, this is where my problems started. I have a clean install on another section that does not have this problem.

What are you saying exactly? Are you on a hosted platform and have multiple sites running on the same server but different domains? Or, do you have one account but are running multiple nuke sites either either subdomains or some other structure?

The reason I ask is that you say "I have a clean install on another section". Need to understand what you mean exactly by "section".

Also, you specifically state that your other installations were "clean install"s. What is different with the install that is giving you trouble?

Susann

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:30 am Reply with quote

Quote:
the warning on the indexes is not the issue and is normal for the way many of the indexes are defined
montego are you sure that ´s not the reason ?
I have similar warnings in my table nuke poll and I suppose that´s the reason for my survey problem. It´s also a unique problem.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:56 pm Reply with quote

Susann, it is doubtful in my opinion because I am seeing this warning message on many nuke tables. However, if YOU are having a "unique" problem, then I would run it by Raven because I know your level of experience is high with nuke.

It does seem that the survey module in 7.6 has some issues based on the other related threads... as long as you believe the problem is not already covered related to surveys we may need to call out the "big guns" on this one...

However, I would like to find out more about what AskAlice is meaning by their post.

Regards,
montego

AskAlice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:49 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you on a hosted platform and have multiple sites running on the same server but different domains? Or, do you have one account but are running multiple nuke sites either either subdomains or some other structure?

I have one account on lunarpages and was testing the other nuke site on a subdomain. (I deleted the other site before I read this, sorry), but read the phpnuke error file before I did and even though everything functioned correctly, It also had the "Cannot modify header information" message I am getting on the problem site.

I don't get these message in my main error log, or any other kind that tells me what the problem is.

I changed the access to add links to only members and since then I am getting less core.1234 files so I am assuming this was somehow related.

My host uses SUphp and I know it was a problem when they first brought it in bought has worked over a year with additional problems:

I have a my php.ini file in the public_html folder

with this info:
asp_tags=on
output_buffering=on

and an .htaccess file in the same folder
with this info:
suPHP_ConfigPath /home/virtua21/public_html

I have tried it with both files empty also

I had also reinstalled 7.6 with the patch and also upgraded to 7.9 to try to fix this problem. Nothing has worked. I am wondering if I should just empty the data from the web links table to see if that might work. But it was a lot of work to set up and and I would hate to loose the info and links. Shocked

Last edited by AskAlice on Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total 
AskAlice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:52 pm Reply with quote

BTW Php was upgraded to version 4.4.1 on our server at about the same time, not sure if it is related, they say it is not.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:58 pm Reply with quote

AskAlice wrote:
BTW Php was upgraded to version 4.4.1 on our server at about the same time, not sure if it is related, they say it is not.

Like I said "internal server error" is most likely an issue with the the PHP or Apache setup. I will PM Raven with this thread and see if he can help further.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:08 pm Reply with quote

You do not want these
[b]with this info:
asp_tags=on

and an .htaccess file in the same folder
with this info:

A 500 error is always an Apache httpd.conf or .htaccess issue.

If this was working before the upgrade and now it's not, then I would debate their statement VERY strongly. Especially if you are getting core dumps. It is very seldom that a user script will produce a core dump in and of itself.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:50 pm Reply with quote

Raven, most appreciative of the "assist"... the hosting end is not my bag of tea... come to think of it, I can't stand tea anyway. I'm a Starbucks man all the way to the grave... Very Happy

AskAlice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:01 am Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the help from both of you . I will try to deal with them once more. I will also contact you for more info about your hosting services Raven. Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:04 am Reply with quote

RavensScripts

AskAlice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:44 am Reply with quote

I am back! Very Happy

Found the problem. :clap:

It was in the data. Once I emptied the data from the links an catagories table it functioned again correctly. When I tried to upload my backup it only let a few files through. But I am a happy camper rentering the links is a piece of cake now.

Thanks very much for your help. Smile

montego

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:49 am Reply with quote

AskAlice wrote:
It was in the data.

AskAlice, was it just that the data did not load properly or was there something IN the data causing the issue? I am just having a difficult time understanding how the data would cause an "Internal Server Error".

Since this could happen to someone else too, if you don't mind sharing a bit more of the details, it might help others too. But, no pressure. Your call.

Thanks for letting us know that it is fixed. Happy Nukin'!

Groovy

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:20 am Reply with quote

Go ask Alice, I think she'll know

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Call Alice
When she was just small

When men on the chessboard
get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know

When logic and proportion
Have fallen softly dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head
Remember what the doormouse said:
"Feed your Head
Feed your Head!"

AskAlice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:10 pm Reply with quote

Just heard that song watching a rerun of Forrest Gump. Very Happy

Quote:
Since this could happen to someone else too, if you don't mind sharing a bit more of the details, it might help others too. But, no pressure. Your call.

I am not totally sure, but it seems to be formating. We give our sponsors a link with graphics and I had used tables to postion them and the text it worked fine for a year but I notice even though I have all the tags reentered i can n longer use tables there. But not a big problem. But I am still not sure what locked it up.

But I do notice that it does not like and words with apostrophes in my news section

AskAlice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:23 pm Reply with quote

Does anyone have a clue about this?

It is supposed to fix the double apostrophes problem in 7.9

where do you fix it?

Fixed, injected $str = str_replace('\'\'','\'',$str);

just before the "return($str);"

Please ignore: I found the fix here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic