Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
stevewalsh

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 7:34 am Reply with quote

Ok, I've been looking at this nearly non-stop for a few days, and I think I found the problem. Now, for those more in the know, please correct me if I'm wrong before you flame me, but this is what i understand happens when a new user is registered;

1: they enter their details on the forms and the email is sent
2: Their information, including their temp_user ID is then placed into the nuke_users_temp table
3: Once they have activated themselves, their user is moved from this table into the nuke_users table and they have an account.

I recently had the (what appears to be common) problem of new users not able to activate their accounts. They would get the email ok, everything was fine, but when they clicked on the link, I got the good ol' "No user exists" error.

I delved into my Nuke database and found I had no nuke_users_temp table. Oh woe is me!

I hunted around in the Nuke 7.0 SQL statement and found this
Quote:
CREATE TABLE nuke_users_temp (
user_id int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,
username varchar(25) NOT NULL default '',
user_email varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
user_password varchar(40) NOT NULL default '',
user_regdate varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',
check_num varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
time varchar(14) NOT NULL default '',
PRIMARY KEY (user_id)
)

I fed that into phpMyAdmin and hey presto change-o! My users can now activate their accounts.

So, why should any one else care? What I would suggest to people whose users cannot register on the site is check to see if you have a nuke_users_temp table. If you don't have phpMyAdmin, then just backup your database and look at in notepad. search or grep for nuke_users_temp. If you can't find it, you will need to post the above SQL code into the end of your SQL file and then restore it. If you don't know how, PM me and I'll send you an email with instructions.

Now, if you do have a Nuke_users_temp table, see if the data is being written in there when a user is registering (again using either phpMyAdmin or backup database). If it isn't in there, then you at least know where to start looking. Hopefully an admin will sticky this or make it an announcement, as I think this may get a lot of 7.0+ users out of trouble (from what I've found in my trawls while trying to fix this)

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 7:47 am Reply with quote

Thanks Steve. This has been covered elsewhere but not as thoroughly as you have done here. I have moved it to this forum and made it a sticky.

n0thinG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:56 am Reply with quote

i have this problem .. usesrs can't activate their username's from link that they received when they register to my website ..
i checked for nuke_users_temp table and it's there i browsed it and users for waiting to activate are still there .. but they can't activate their account with username activate link ...
any help please ?/

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:04 am Reply with quote

Have you verified the url? See [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

n0thinG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:21 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Have you verified the url? See [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

thnx a lot .. .this really helped

.. i have one more question if it's ok . and right place ...
i have few users that did not activate their accounts ... so how can i do that manualy by myself .. ??

stevewalsh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:53 am Reply with quote

Wow..I wasn't expecting this link to stay sticky for so long..

Basically, all I did was cut and paste their info from nuke_users_temp to new entries in nuke_users and they were fine. From memory, someone wrote a hack to move users from this table to the right one, but I can't remember it's name.

PM me if you need any help..

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:21 am Reply with quote

n0thinG wrote:
Raven wrote:

thnx a lot .. .this really helped

.. i have one more question if it's ok . and right place ...
i have few users that did not activate their accounts ... so how can i do that manualy by myself .. ??

You can d/l and install my Resend, Activate, or Delete Activation Emails - V2.0.2 script [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

n0thinG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:20 am Reply with quote

thanks a lot .. and this link should stay sticky . it's great

and you really helped me Wink

dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:48 pm Reply with quote

All I get after clicking "Finish" is "registration error!" ... that's it, no message or error explanation.

EDIT: Sorry folks, case of posting before exploring ...

Found this in another thread here:

Code:
ALTER TABLE `?????_users_temp` ADD `requestor` VARCHAR( 25 ) NOT NULL; 

Worked like a charm ... thanks .. more donation on the way!

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for letting us know Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic