Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x
nuevonuke
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:58 am Reply with quote

Hello,
Is it possible to install NukeSentinel242-71-79 in Nuke7.7 without patch?

Thanks!

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:11 am Reply with quote

Yes, but with many code changes. One would ask why you would not apply the patch? Without the patch you are unprotected even with NukeSentinel. They perform two different kinds of security.

nuevonuke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:16 am Reply with quote

Hello Raven,
I have a lot of mods installed and if I put the patch is very dificult to reinstall all Smile

One queston! Is it possible to install only the patch to any modules? For example: install the patch only in reviews!

Thank´s

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:36 am Reply with quote

You don't need to reinstall everything. You just need to install the patches file by file.

nuevonuke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:42 am Reply with quote

It´s correct Raven. But if I replace one file that have a mod, it is neccesary reinstall the mod of this file. Is it correct?

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:53 am Reply with quote

Can you restate your question Smile

nuevonuke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:50 pm Reply with quote

Sorry for my bad english Raven.

My problen is if I install the patch then I lose the modifications that I did in php documents, and it is necessary that it installs those documents again.

And the other question is if I can install patch single in the modules that wish and I do not lose the changes.

Do you understand me now?

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:52 pm Reply with quote

I don't understand what type changes in the patches would require reinstallation? I'm not trying to badger you; I just upgrade sites all the time and I've not seen the type issue that you describe.

nuevonuke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:21 pm Reply with quote

OK, one more time. Very Happy

If I did modify the index, and now I upload the file index patched, then the changes that I did in index dessapears! Then is neccesary to do it the modifys in the new patched file.

The word reinstall it can be badly used. The correct thing would be to say to return to make the modifications of some archives after patchetd. Wink

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:32 pm Reply with quote

That's why I said up above to install (in other words edit) the files, file by file. get a good comparison utility like CompareIT and run the compare on the patched file and your file, then update your file as needed.

nuevonuke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:58 pm Reply with quote

Ok Raven, Thank you so much.
I´ll patch Nuke 7.7 and then I´ll install sentinel.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x

View next topic
View previous topic