Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
phpnewbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:27 pm Reply with quote

Hi...

The standard meta tag php file is for every page but surely this is not the best way for search engine purposes...

Is there anyway you can have 1 meta tag page per module page if ou understand. That way it will relate more to the content than having a standard site one.

Thanks in advance.

Susann

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:23 pm Reply with quote

There are different ways. Very simple is the option over the header php.

Then you are able to add a meta.php with your keywords and description into each of the modules e.g. forums, downloads. I m sure you´ll find the code if you are using the search function.

phpnewbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:07 pm Reply with quote

Thanks very much. Just needed a lead like that and a few searches on the web gave me this code. which may help someone else too. So here it is (insert into header.php btw)...

Code:
function head() { 

global $slogan, $sitename, $banners, $nukeurl, $Version_Num, $artpage, $topic, $hlpfile, $user, $hr, $theme, $cookie, $bgcolor1, $bgcolor2, $bgcolor3, $bgcolor4, $textcolor1, $textcolor2, $forumpage, $adminpage, $userpage, $pagetitle;
    $ThemeSel = get_theme();
    include("themes/$ThemeSel/theme.php");
    echo "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN\">\n";
    echo "<html>\n";
    echo "<head>\n";
    echo "<title>$sitename $pagetitle</title>\n";

//CHANGE FROM HERE       
global $name;

if(file_exists("modules/$name/meta.php"))
{
include("modules/$name/meta.php");
}else{
include("includes/meta.php");  //<<<<ORIGINAL LINE
}
//TO HERE

include("includes/javascript.php");

phpnewbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:34 pm Reply with quote

Sorry to be such a pain, but is that the right way to try and get more traffic to my site.

My site has not yet been launched as i want to get as much content on there as possible before i do. Therefore, once it goes live, i want the serach engines to be able to 'see' this content which will hopefully bring people in. Will this happen automatically or will i need some like googletap?

I also read about GoogleTap, is this any good in your opinions and if so, where can it be downloaded from.

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:42 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Will this happen automatically or will i need some like googletap?
This goes autmatically with googletap and also without.Searchengines can follow both kind of links. But with GT Next Gen its a little bit easier. If I had a new website, I would choose GT Next Gen again.
Submit your url to "G" and the other searchengines. If you are on the 1 page #1 - #3 with your keywords, you get automatically a lot of traffic. But it´s a long way. Laughing

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

phoenix-cms
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:39 pm Reply with quote

i have a gtnextgen that i have enhanced i should have out this week,
i just writing up the code changes and also you can click admin>modules>edit and add keywords for that module, also static or dynamic keywords, static and dynamic html like topic_title_topic_id.html static or dynamic title tags,
and runs via nuke admin

i should be ready in 3 days max just there some extra edits compared to gt-nextgen edits like news, forums, reviews etc to use the dynamic options

thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic