Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
hireamerica
Client

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:39 am Reply with quote

Would love to do a newsletter as by header, then all articles within the month of the newsletter (e.g., Sept-2005) with a listing first and HTML links to each (you know, pagebreak between articles as some are long).

The idea is the to run Adobe Distiller and save as a PDF and then email that to my members.

So first step is making the HTML page...I know I can make a PHP page with all that....

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:51 am Reply with quote

Have you looked at Fancy Newsletter? It doesn't make a PDF, but it could be enhanced to do this. It integrates with NSN Mailing Lists, NSN Groups, and multiple banner systems to allow you to select specific content to be included in the newsletter and more choices for recipients. Very nice...

hireamerica

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:33 am Reply with quote

Hmm...haven't checked that out... looking instead (for the right now) at rss2html from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I have the basic template now in HTML and it runs nicely...just tweaking the formatting and then I'll get my pdf renderer and write to a folder and then email it out or give option to come to site.

I'll check out Fancy Newsletter if this gets too complicated.

hireamerica

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:15 pm Reply with quote

I just took a look at Fancy Newsletter.

Here's the good: works, does banners (though forgets which one if you preview then send), looks good.

Here's the bad: some French hard coding in templates 1-4, extensive use of $dbi and very little use of $prefix. Also chooses it's own main logo instead of $nurkeurl/images/logo.gif which would be our own nuke site's main logo.

I'm going to run with it and tweak it to more look like my theme. I'm also more interested in presenting some short information about each article with a "read more" that comes back to my site. That seems easy enough to do though...

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:22 pm Reply with quote

You can also try the HTML Newsletter at: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

You can very easily create your own newsletter templates amongst many other features. I have not thought about including a PDF save/print/send, but that is a good idea! Laughing

I will have to add that to the list.

montego

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic