Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
tangoman
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:40 pm Reply with quote

I have just been browsing my CNB YA 'Users Configuration' panel and have noted that in the 'Waiting Users:' section, there are 3 users.

It appears that they are waiting for me to either approve or deny them access by me clicking the appropriate 'button'.

I was sure that I set the 'Require Admin Approval:' option in the CNB YA 'Users Configuration' panel to 'NO"...and I just checked and this is so....It IS set to 'NO'.

Can someone please tell me what the 'Require Admin Approval:' default is when CNB YA installation is carried out?...I cannot remember if it was defaulted to 'Yes' and I have subsequently changed it to 'No'. If this is correct, it may explain why 3 people are waiting approval, (i.e. maybe the signed up before I switched the 'Require Admin Approval:' option to 'No'.

Also, how do I customise the e-mails?...Which files/directories do I need to access and customize?

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:18 pm Reply with quote

Waiting doesn't mean approval required. If you force them to activate their account via email, and they haven't done this, they will appear to you as waiting.

I don't believe the default for require admin approval is yes. But if you had it set to Yes when these users applied, they would have received an email saying that their account was pending admin approval.

AFAIK (I haven't checked...), the email text is defined the modules/Your_Account/language/lang-xxx.php file. If not, check the language/lang-xxx.php file.

tangoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:26 pm Reply with quote

AFAIK ?...Time for you to decipher another acronym Kevin!

tangoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:28 pm Reply with quote

Errrm....OK OK...Put a hold on replying to that Kevin!!!...

Google comes to the rescue again...

AFAIK, for those who also were not aware, means 'As Far As I Know'!!!

tangoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:40 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Waiting doesn't mean approval required. If you force them to activate their account via email, and they haven't done this, they will appear to you as waiting.

I don't believe the default for require admin approval is yes. But if you had it set to Yes when these users applied, they would have received an email saying that their account was pending admin approval.

AFAIK (I haven't checked...), the email text is defined the modules/Your_Account/language/lang-xxx.php file. If not, check the language/lang-xxx.php file.

I understand all this Kevin, but this is where I have a problem now.

I am being advised on the CNB YA 'Waiting Users' panel, that there are currently 3 users.

The problem I have is not knowing at what point they registered and at what point relative to that I may have changed the Registration Options 'Require Admin Approval' filed to 'NO'.

So the fundamental point is that I do not know what type of e-mail they did received, thus I do not know if they just 'have not bothered' to use an activation e-mail they may have received, or if they received a message telling them that admin will activate the acount, hence they may be waiting for me to activate the account.

Understand?...What would you do now?

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:49 pm Reply with quote

If you believe it's possible that the users did not receive an activation email, but a pending admin approval email (or even if you don't), why not send an email and ask them, explaining the confusion of setting up the new site and your concern that they be properly activated.

tangoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:00 pm Reply with quote

Thanks again Kevin.

Sure I can do that, but before I just went ahead and did that, I wanted to make sure there was no other way etc.

As they say, two heads are better than one, (particularly when the 1st is a rookie).
Cheers
With that all in mind, I think I am also able to resend an activation e-mail using the drop down menus in the 'Waiting Users' table?

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:41 pm Reply with quote

Yes, but I would find out what they received first before sending an activation email. It's possible also that the activation email may have been blocked - remember the fun we had with that earlier?

tangoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:51 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Yes, but I would find out what they received first before sending an activation email. It's possible also that the activation email may have been blocked - remember the fun we had with that earlier?

Ermmm....You mean because the e-mail may have expired due to the person not activating the account before 24 hours was up and a further user has tried to register?

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:04 pm Reply with quote

Not really. Just suggest checking to make sure there is a necessary reason to resend.

tangoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:06 pm Reply with quote

[quote="tangoman"]
kguske wrote:
.....It's possible also that the activation email may have been blocked - remember the fun we had with that earlier?

But what did you mean by the above 'quote'?

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:56 pm Reply with quote

When you were having problems getting email from Yahoo, I was having blocked email problems on another server at the same time.

tangoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:59 pm Reply with quote

Yes...That was a system problem and our 'friends', (Phhhhhhhh), at Yahoo! confirmed this.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic