Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account
xtreme231

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:35 am Reply with quote

i am using cnbya 4.4 with php-nuke 7.5.whenever i register at my site i get an email to activate my account but when i try to activate my account by submitting profile info it says something screwd up .....please register again from this link.so why is this error showing up?

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:48 am Reply with quote

Is the link in the email correctly formatted?

xtreme231

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:57 am Reply with quote

yes ,
the link is correct thats why i am getting a page for activating my by filling profile details ,but when i click submit i get the above messagethat something screwd up...........
but when i login by entering my new username and password ,i was logged in .this means that my account was activated but then why is this problem coming.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:08 pm Reply with quote

Are you on a windows server or???? Really this isn't a common issue so your going to have to help me out here with some details. Server O/S PHP Version if its CGI or Apache module and a link to the site so I can test it further. You can PM or email these details if you aren't comfortable posting them publically ie your sites so secret google isn't allowed there or its Adult content and not appropriate to post it here.

menelaos61
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:10 pm Reply with quote

Hi xtreme231,
I encourage you to let us help you.
You might have run into a problem that is rare, and that is exactly why we are interested in helping you out.

Cheers,
RIchard

xtreme231

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:31 pm Reply with quote

the problem seems to be with my hosting provider because i uploaded the same website on two different servers under the same conditions,but i did not get the errors on those servers.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:28 pm Reply with quote

Interesting, as I mentioned via PM the registration email is either very slow or failing right now.

California
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:47 am Reply with quote

I have been using this module for about three months and it was working fine except for one bug in the agree with terms part. My host upgraded the server software last week and now I am having the same problem you describe. I get a message after the user clicks the confirmation link in the email that says "something screwed up, don't you hate that...". I asked my host what was upgraded and they said the zend and MyAdmin. I am running this module on two other sites and not having the trouble so it definately seems to be something with the hosting site software.

gsicard
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:43 pm Reply with quote

Interesting I am having the same issues on [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

php 4.3.10 with Zend Optimizer v2.5.7 and mysql 3.23.58

Any ideas?

Welcome back Six.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:51 pm Reply with quote

gsicard Thanks not sure I'm really back but I'm here now!!! Without looking at the files my first guess would be something zend doesn't like. I have some time this evening maybe we can connect up on MSN or something?

Say around 6 central?

gsicard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:54 pm Reply with quote

OH.. I was logged in as Admin. It appears that causes some problems with the user activation process. Logged out as admin and it processed the new data but then -

No info available for this account.... message shows up.. must be a cookie thing.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote

I know gsicard has php as a cgi is this true for everyone having this problem? Just trying to detirmine if this is the same issue for everyone or not...

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote

Not sure why yet but gsicards problem was with the cookie for the auto login we bypassed it as a temporary fix. Commented it out in public/newuser_finish3.php and public/activate_save.php look for yacookie(

California

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:57 pm Reply with quote

sixonetonoffun wrote:
I know gsicard has php as a cgi is this true for everyone having this problem? Just trying to detirmine if this is the same issue for everyone or not...

It is not true for me. I will try commenting out the line(s) with the cookies and post what happens with mine.

California

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:30 am Reply with quote

Ignore this post

ashishjha54
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:12 pm Reply with quote

sixonetonoffun wrote:
Not sure why yet but gsicards problem was with the cookie for the auto login we bypassed it as a temporary fix. Commented it out in public/newuser_finish3.php and public/activate_save.php look for yacookie(

Code:
   $result = $db->sql_query("SELECT * FROM ".$user_prefix."_users WHERE username='$username' AND user_password='$user_password'");

if ($db->sql_numrows($result) == 1) {
            $userinfo = $db->sql_fetchrow($result);
            yacookie($userinfo[user_id],$userinfo[username],$userinfo[user_password],$userinfo[storynum],$userinfo[umode],$userinfo[uorder],$userinfo[thold],$userinfo[noscore],$userinfo[ublockon],$userinfo[theme],$userinfo[commentmax]);
            // CurtisH (clh@curtishancock.com <clh@curtishancock.com>)
         //echo "<META HTTP-EQUIV=\"refresh\" content=\"2;URL=$nukeurl\">";
            //echo "<center><b>$row[username]:</b> "._ACTMSG2."</center>";

echo "<center><b>$row[username]:</b> "._ACTMSG."</center>";
            echo "<META HTTP-EQUIV=\"refresh\" content=\"modules.php?name=Members\">";
        } else {
            echo "<center>"._SOMETHINGWRONG."</center><br>";
        }

this is the victim code .this query condition is not satisfied.this auto login creates the problem.what i did was that i changed $result to
Code:
 $result = $db->sql_query("SELECT * FROM ".$user_prefix."_users WHERE username='$username' ");

i just wanted to know if it affects security in this case.becuase it sets up cookie just by seeing the username .but i think this will not affect security in this case.
after doing this everthing was working fine.
looking forward for your comments.
thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account

View next topic
View previous topic