Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
pinkbeef
Client

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:28 pm Reply with quote

sorry I have searched this but cannot find it.

Sentinal is installed and working fine. When I try to set the htaccess and staccess paths it failes to do so, I only have access to the domain root folder. PHPnuke is loaded into a folder named "htdocs"

The questions are,

1....Will htaccess and staccess work on a domain, running in Windows IIS?

2...If so, do you know of where I can get the instructions on how to implement them?

3...If not, what else can I use to replace the operation of .htaccess and .staccess?

PS untill two days ago I had never used PHPNUKE or PHP at all, so im a NOOB!!!

PPS. I the sort of noob who added POST and GET, to "Request Method Blocker" Settings in Sentional.

Great fun for a couple of hours!!

Thanks.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:45 pm Reply with quote

pinkbeef wrote:
sorry I have searched this but cannot find it.

Sentinal is installed and working fine. When I try to set the htaccess and staccess paths it failes to do so, I only have access to the domain root folder. PHPnuke is loaded into a folder named "htdocs"

The questions are,

1....Will htaccess and staccess work on a domain, running in Windows IIS?

2...If so, do you know of where I can get the instructions on how to implement them?

3...If not, what else can I use to replace the operation of .htaccess and .staccess?

PS untill two days ago I had never used PHPNUKE or PHP at all, so im a NOOB!!!

PPS. I the sort of noob who added POST and GET, to "Request Method Blocker" Settings in Sentional.

Great fun for a couple of hours!!

Thanks.

Seriously, you should scrap IIS and install Apache. You will be much happier and will have much more at your access.

.htaccess and .staccess are for Apache only. Your replacement will be to use HTTP Auth via the NukeSentinel Admin Panel without any path to .htaccess and .staccess.

We all were NooB's once Wink

pinkbeef

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:23 pm Reply with quote

thanks but I tried Apache and could not handle the command line thing. at least I now Know why I could not get htaccess and staccess working. now I can concentrate on HTTP Auth.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:31 pm Reply with quote

What command line thing? Just d/l the binary. It runs as a Service on Windows.

pinkbeef

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:05 pm Reply with quote

can the GOD account be hacked

if I rename the admin.php, will this help to prevent any problems.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:07 pm Reply with quote

Of course it can. But, if you add Chatserv's latest patches and NukeSentinel, it can't be hacked Smile

pinkbeef

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:03 am Reply with quote

Ive got Nuk Sentinal and its looks like its running OK, except for htaccess and staccess.
I do not have Chatserve, what does it protect.

pinkbeef

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:46 am Reply with quote

I asked my server provider to transfer my domain to a linux server, now I have to wait 48 hours.
What am I going to do for 48 hours, do you think I should do something or should I wait here.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:09 am Reply with quote

pinkbeef wrote:
Ive got Nuk Sentinal and its looks like its running OK, except for htaccess and staccess.
I do not have Chatserve, what does it protect.
See the Significant News And Messages block at the top of my home page for information.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:10 am Reply with quote

pinkbeef wrote:
I asked my server provider to transfer my domain to a linux server, now I have to wait 48 hours.
What am I going to do for 48 hours, do you think I should do something or should I wait here.
What do you mean?

pinkbeef

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:53 am Reply with quote

Its a Joke.

as in, "my only friend is my comp, without it im lost". Except in this case, Its my PHP Nuke on my server is my only friend.
Which is even sadder, because PHP Nuke is only a programme it can't be touched. At least if my only friend was my computer; I could take off all my clothes, cover myself in jam and rub my body all over with the keyboard. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Raven, Have you ever thought about trying Decafe

pinkbeef

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:05 pm Reply with quote

OK got my server back, but there are two new files in root
1... ".bash logout"
2... "bash profile"

anybody know what thay are.

PS im going to try uploading both Nuke and Sentinel as a combined prog. should work this time.

can I remove any langue packs, mods I do not wish to use. prior to uploading.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic