Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
amethystdragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:46 am Reply with quote

Hi,

I've got a bit of an issue and I'm hoping someone can help.

I'm in the process of moving my ISP and have installed Nuke 7.6 patched 3.0 on my new server, created my admin account, copied over my theme, images, news and content with no problems - so far so good

But although I can login and see the admin panel everytime I try and click on one of the options - it loops me round to the admin login page - I enter my username and password - takes me back to the admin panel - try again same thing happens

Now I'm suspecting its a cookie issue and has something to do with the DNS for the domain name not being moved yet - Obviously I dont want to switch DNS until I've got the new site working correctly and I can't just lift the old site and move it across as there is lots of stuff in there that doesn't work properly - which is why I've done a fresh install

So does anyone have any ideas? Is there a way of temp. turning off HTTP Authentication so I can sort out the site and then when I switch the DNS over turning it back on again or is it something else I'm doing wrong - Has anyone else ever seen this before ?

All help appreciated

AD

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:39 am Reply with quote

well im not sure if there are any corrections needed.
Changing ISP isnt a big deal,but sure you have a period of dns update.
I had that a few years back and never realised that i was infact looking AND working on a site that was going to disapear any minute.
After realising that i just said to my old host...goodbye and you can trash the stuff.
So good thing is that i knew the next time i see my site im looking at the correct one...the real one..
Maybe you should do the same.

amethystdragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:52 am Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:
well im not sure if there are any corrections needed.
Changing ISP isnt a big deal,but sure you have a period of dns update.
I had that a few years back and never realised that i was infact looking AND working on a site that was going to disapear any minute.
After realising that i just said to my old host...goodbye and you can trash the stuff.
So good thing is that i knew the next time i see my site im looking at the correct one...the real one..
Maybe you should do the same.

Sorry but I don't think you quite understand what I'm getting at - I'm obviously not explaining myself very well

I DONT want to switch the DNS yet - I've got alot of stuff to move across and tweak/turn on etc plus there are some new features I want to add in - The new site isn't working like it should yet - until it is I'm leaving the live site on the old ISP - I've got another couple of months of contract left so the site isn't going to disappear overnight.

However I can't move forward until I've got proper admin access - I could do alot of the stuff via the database and hacks but I'd much rather do it properly

AD

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:00 am Reply with quote

You mean HTTP Authentication of sentinel?

amethystdragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:15 am Reply with quote

I haven't installed Sentinel yet - Thats one of the things I need to do so yes HTTP Authentication

AD

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:31 am Reply with quote

hi,

well i looked and also the preview.
but i think you cant,looking at the temp enviroment your in...
if you still want to make your site in all private why dont you create it on your current domain ?
Just create an extra db and directorie and your done..
That would be a lot simpler..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic