Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
pcnuke
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:55 pm Reply with quote

Ive got a couple questions after a new install of the latest version

First ive blocked no IPs yet, and Google keeps scanning my website, and i keep getting emails saying: " Blocked abuse from 66.249.66.36", lots of emails. I know its a crawler and thats why Im getting so many emails, but nothing has been set to be blocked yet.

Their IP is 66.249.66.36 so I added a range into "Excluded Range Menu" to cover their IP number, but the emails continue to come even tho there is nothing yet set to block.

Next I tried all the blocks, one at a time, and on everyone of them where the block should be on my page I see this instead "You can't access this file directly..."

Is there a way to turn off the email, if I want them to stop coming to me for a while, I saw nothing in the admin section.

thanks for the help

Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:37 pm Reply with quote

Emails are controlled at the Blocker level - NukeSentinel Configuration. By default, certain settings are activated for minimum safety. Examine each Blocker configuration and make the appropriate adjustments.

pcnuke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:04 pm Reply with quote

thanks, any ideas why the blocks arent showing

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:18 pm Reply with quote

Well, one reason would probably be that PCNuke is not PHP-Nuke or am I mistaken?

My understanding is that PCNuke is simply put.. CPG-Nuke with a new name and none of the CPG-Nuke Copyrights or credits. No?

pcnuke

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:29 am Reply with quote

ah no.......
I'm talking [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] which is php-nuke based

and as for your other referrence, there are credits, check your facts before making unknown statements and cpg-nuke is also based from php-nuke code, just altered, as is ours on that portal, we altered cpg-nuke to our likings

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:46 am Reply with quote

From Raven - Site Owner

I'm interjecting here and no reply is wanted or needed. This is not directed towards anyone in particular but to all Smile. There's quite a bit of sensitivity and emotion around here right now concerning copyrights and credits and I don't want to see this thread turn that way. Forgive me but I do not want these forums turning into the mess at some other support sites Wink. This is not meant to be an accusation, just trying to make sure that we stay on track. Thanks for everyone's understanding!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic