Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.7
TeKKiE
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:41 am Reply with quote

What does it mean exactly when I get this error while trying to get to the admin panel for my website? The only thing that I have done since Chatserv had fixed my site was create a banner link to this site to help advertise, and install Raven's Who Is Where block?

I've browsed forums and found that some people had fixed it by cleaning out the .htaccess file, but I've tried it to no avail. Please advise.

Thanks again!

TeKKiE

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:53 am Reply with quote

Nevermind, I've stepped back by deleting the who is online module from here, and it seemed to work. I'll have to figure out why it didn't work correctly, I've installed as per raven's instructions.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:37 am Reply with quote

That error means the site has gone into a loop, calling itself. An example would be if in .htaccess you are redirecting [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and you also had a line that redirects index.php to /. Now, as to why the wiw block is causing that to happen is very puzzling. Are you using GT-Netxgen and doing some redirecting there? There is no code in the wiw code that reciprocates.

TeKKiE

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:04 pm Reply with quote

Not sure what GT-Netxgen is, so I couldn't say if I were using it or not. I've decided instead to use the user info block, though it doesn't show a users exact location, it's still a nice addition.

Thanks!

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:02 pm Reply with quote

It would have been handy if you could have posted your original htacess here for further diagnosis, seems a shame not to use such a great block due to a minor technical issue Smile

TeKKiE

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 5:34 pm Reply with quote

I still have the original .htaccess file there, I've posted it in the code below

Code:
# -FrontPage-

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*
<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>
AuthName [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
AuthUserFile /*edited*/_vti_pvt/service.pwd
AuthGroupFile /*edited*/_vti_pvt/service.grp
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://ofaceclan.com/.*$      [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://ofaceclan.com$      [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.ofaceclan.com/.*$      [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.ofaceclan.com$      [NC]
RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC]

TeKKiE

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 5:58 pm Reply with quote

Okay I now have the Who Is Where block working, don't know how or why but it does Smile One question now, for you guys.

I have a slightly modded User and Site info block on the left pane of my website (for registered users since the graphic security code doesn't work for login, which is another story altogether)

How could I go about inserting this Who Is Where into this particular block, so that you could see who's online now (like the site info block on left), as well as their location? I think that it would be a superb addition to the already plentiful site info block.

I have copied the code for my "modded block" here: Code

Thanks again!

Lateron
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:22 am Reply with quote

I have this msg, 'Redirection for this url has been exceeded', twice now too and seem to have fixed it by deleting cookies.

It first happened after I installed the latest version of Firefox on the weekend. I don't know if that is the problem.

I don't use any .htaccess files except whatever maybe part of the release.

Lateron

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:31 am Reply with quote

I just found this and this at the Firefox forums.

TeKKiE

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:09 am Reply with quote

Just an FYI Lateron, it wasn't just Firefox that would give the URL redirect exceeded. Smile But I'm glad you've found the root of your problem and have repaired it.

dcasmr
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:15 pm Reply with quote

This redirection limit exceeded does not have anything to do with FireFox. When you have the problem, Firefox just nicely displays it: "Redirection limits exceeded...cookies".

With Explorer, it just hangs when you want to connect to the site. So, it is the same problem, but different ways for the browser to notify the user.

I reproduced this Error twice after upgrading to Nuke 7.6. In my last case, double clicking on the blocks icon in control panel was displaying a blank. So, I tried re-uploading the patched 7.6 files. The problem was solved, however, shortly, I started getting the "Redirection errors.".
If I try uploading the original Nuke 7.5 files, I only get this "File can't accessed error" from my site.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:24 pm Reply with quote

See if anything in this post helps [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

dcasmr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:04 pm Reply with quote

I tried the suggestions, however they did not work for me. I proceeded to re-uploading files from Nuke patched 7.6 and curiously the mistake disappeared.
I think sometimes, overwriting files or going thru the upgrade or update files do not work. The problem is that its hard to know that.

Thanks for your suggestions.

benson
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:49 am Reply with quote

Hello,

I had this problem often before ...

My solution was always to check my block. Eg. the beginning of most blocks looks like:

Code:
if ( !defined('BLOCK_FILE') ) {

Header("Location: ../index.php");
    die();
}

If the definition in the mainfile.php for BLOCK_FILE is missing, this code redirects to index.php. Index.php again tries to load this block and again it is redirected to itsself and so on ...

So, try to find out if something like that is happening on your site. The first try may be to start direct with URL .../admin.php. If this works, it is a problem with (maybe) one of the right site blocks ...

Hope this helps ...

Best regards, Norbert

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.7

View next topic
View previous topic