Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
drdan01

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:03 pm Reply with quote

I've got a new installation of Nuke 7.6, Patch 3.0b, all of the bbtonuke through 2.0.15. Just completed install of Sentinel 2.2.1, and all looked fine. Went in to Sentinel Administration and Sentinel Configuration, just looking around, and then went to General Settings, and then hit save.....and then my site rolled over to the PHP-Nuke site. Now I can't access my site admin or even the site itself -- each time I try, it rolls over to the PHP-Nuke site.

Is this a glitch, or have I somehow managed to futz something up?

Thanks!

Dan

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:16 pm Reply with quote

You need to change the Preferences Site URL to your site url.

drdan01

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:39 am Reply with quote

I was hoping that it would be something as silly as that. You're referring to the Preferences in the Nuke Admin Preferences, right? I'm remembering that I didn't bother doing anything with the preferences (with this latest attempt by me to "get it right" in my install). If yes, can you shed any light on how to access that info -- assume that there must be a way to access that in a file somewhere if you can't load your mysite/admin.php.

Also, was looking over the files and reademe install notes again and noticed these two files in the source files:
sample.staccess
sample.htaccess

I didn't see anything in the readme that tells me what to do with those. Was I supposed to also do something with those files?

Thanks!

Dan

drdan01

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:36 pm Reply with quote

Okay, actually found and resolved this part myself -- the config file. Yay! So I now have everything back again and hope that I'm about ready to move on.

One more question -- about the sample.staccess and sample.htaccess files, the install instructions say:
Quote:
sample.htaccess and sample.staccess are samples of the CGIAuth system. In the
sample.htaccess file you will see a sample of the code needed to use CGIAuth and
the sample.staccess, while empty, if renamed to .staccess, upload your server
then chmoded to 666 will store the CGIAuth AID's and Passwords.

But I can't tell from the above if this is something that I must do, or should do, or can do. Do I need to worry about these files?

FYI...tried looking for this in the user guide...but is it just IE or is there a problem with that -- I click the "next" link but it never goes any further than the Credits page.

Thanks!

Dan

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:47 pm Reply with quote

I have fixed the NEXT link. See if that helps you now Smile

drdan01

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:24 pm Reply with quote

That's what I'd call a Yes/No. It does move to the next page, but only goes through a few pages that are just intro schtuff. The menus above that are supposed to open to other areas don't seem to be working properly, and when I manage to land on one it only takes you back to the credits page...so I'm stuck in credits, legal, etc. I don't suppose that there is a file copy of the manual?

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:31 pm Reply with quote

Yes there is a copy of the manual in the d/l section. But, that is the way it is designed to work. Each menu is self contained.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic