Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Announcements
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:01 am Reply with quote

Peter Beruk - Director, Anti-Piracy & Compliance Programs - McAfee, Inc. wrote:

DMCA NOTICE OF INFRINGING MATERIAL

Re: Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice

Dear Mr. Fraley:

I am writing on behalf of McAfee, Inc. As you may know, McAfee, Inc. creates best-of-breed computer security solutions that prevent intrusions on networks and protect computer systems from the next generation of blended attacks and threats.

We have learned that RavenWebHosting is providing access on its system or network to material that infringes the copyrighted work of McAfee. In particular, I refer you to the web page located at <snip> which contains access to McAfee proprietary material. The material on this web site infringes McAfee’s valuable copyrights.

Accordingly, McAfee requests that RavenWebHosting immediately remove or disable access to this infringing material. You should know that McAfee takes its intellectual property rights seriously. By bringing this matter to your attention, we hope that RavenWebHosting will act promptly to remedy this problem.

We have a good faith belief that use of the material described above is not authorized by McAfee, any of its agents, or the law. To the best of our knowledge, the information contained in this notification is accurate.

Under penalty of perjury, I am authorized to act on behalf of McAfee. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at the address listed above. You can also reach me by e-mail at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] or by phone at +1 301-947-7150.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Sincerely,

Peter Beruk

Director, Anti-Piracy Programs

Peter Beruk
Director, Anti-Piracy & Compliance Programs

McAfee, Inc.

301.947.7150 | Direct
301.947-7169 | Fax [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] | E-mail [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] | Web

I was not so pleasantly surprised when I received this. The d/l link that was submitted months ago was to an external site. I accept full responsibility for not catching this. However, the person who submitted it knew perfectly well what they were doing Evil or Very Mad

In accordance with McAfee's request I not only immediately removed the link but gave them the information of the person who posted it.

Be ye informed that should this happen again I will ban you from access to this site.

sting
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:15 pm Reply with quote

Bumped - read and be warned.

-sting

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Announcements

View next topic
View previous topic