Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account
tracey
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:34 pm Reply with quote

This is very strange ... when I go to approve or activate (or even deactivate or suspend) users .. in the confirmation message -- it always shows the currently logged on person's name in the username field -- the action happens correctly, to the correct user.

I even tried logging on as a different admin -- it always shows who I am logged in as, not what their desired username is. If I view details, it is correct.

Are you sure you want to activate user ?:

Username: admin (shows my id, not theirs!!!??? )
Email: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (is correct)

Any ideas for help??

Thanks in advance!
Tracey

PHP-Nuke 7.6
CNB Your Account 4.4.0 (upgraded from beta2 .. also had same behavior)

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:01 pm Reply with quote

In the files
approveuser.php
approveuserconf.php

Search and Replace all instances of $username to $ya_username there are some other files effected by this but I forget off the top of my head which ones. In the upcoming version we've changed all instances of variable names so they are unique to the module and should eliminate this completely.

tracey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:42 pm Reply with quote

awesome .. that seems to have fixed most of it ... i made changes to

-activateuser.php
-activateusercon
-approveuser.php
-approveuserconf.php

interestingly enough ..
-denyuser.php and denyuserconf.php and resendmail.php and resendmailconf.php didn't have any instances of $username, but the module still reports the username & ID wrong

Are you sure you want to deny user myusername(#mynumber)?
Reason for Denial

and

Are you sure you want to resend activation email myusername(#mynumber)?

i'll have to look around more .. THANKS!!!

tracer

Last edited by tracey on Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total 
tracey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:59 pm Reply with quote

maybe remove & resent user has to do with

$uname and ($chng_uid) in the line

Code:
echo "<tr><td align=center>"._SURE2RESEND." <b>$uname<i>($chng_uid)</i></b>?</td></tr>\n";

and
Code:
echo "<tr><td align=center>"._SURE2REMOVE." <b>$uname<i>($chng_uid)</i></b>?</td></tr>\n";

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:02 pm Reply with quote

Hi tracey thanks for posting back. $chng_uid is originating from the listpending.php and all of the work done in the files you mention is based on that being passed as a hidden form value. Now there seems to be something very wrong with something if thats showing the admins name and user id during the deny process. I'm wondering if you should try something like
unset($chng_uid);
unset($uname);
at the beginning of listpending.php because it seems to me something is changing those values. Somewhere around the globals line should be ok.

What other addons are you using because I haven't run into anyone having this many problems with the variables being walked on like this. Do you have the old YA module in the directory still but renamed? ( I know I'm grasping here but at this point thats all I can do).

You could rename the $uname to $ya_uname in denyuser.php that would take care of that one. But if the $chng_uid is your user id something is seriously wrong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account

View next topic
View previous topic