Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account
64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:45 am Reply with quote

Hiya Folks

I'm wondering what the easiest way is to set CNBYA to automatically BCC me (the admin) all YA Created emails.

In a nutshell, whenever information changes that prompts an email (activation, approval, denial, Subscription change, etc...) I want to have that email Blind Carbon Copied to me.

There are a few reasons for this, the primary being that I'm seeing a lot of applied users not coming back to activate their accounts and I want to feel assured at every stage and option (that normally generates an email) that those mails are going out and are formatted the way I want. (Regardless of wether this is in CNBYA or in Edit Users).

For example, if I approve a user, I want a copy of that email
If the site activates a user, I want a copy of that email.
If I subscribe a user in the "edit users" section, I want a copy of that email.
If I deny an application, I want a copy of that email... etc..
If I use the resend email function in CNBYA, I want a copy of that email, etc...

I don't care about user to user emails or PM's as those are none of my business anyway, but I think you get the jist of what I am looking for.

Thanks
Steph

Mesum
Useless

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:27 am Reply with quote

I could swear there was a setting like that in YA's admin panel. I do not have PHP-Nuke installed on my server right now so maybe someone else can confirm that?

Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:37 pm Reply with quote

I don't think BCC was used because its not known what mailer is being used on each server. So the mails to admin are formated separately I believe as in new_finish3.php.

I think it will be easier to implement a true BCC in the 450 version emails will have a better handler class based mostly on phpmailer. Which doesn't help much today so I better get back at it.

64bitguy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:44 pm Reply with quote

Any easy way to hard code a BCC value into the existing scenario?

I think this is a good feature for future versions, but I'm trying to make do with what I have until that time.

Thanks

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:30 pm Reply with quote

Without a test whatso ever this may work.
In : modules/Your_Account/includes/functions.php
Find:
Code:

function ya_mail($email, $subject, $message, $from) {
global $ya_config, $adminmail;
   if ($ya_config['servermail'] == 0) {
      if (trim($from) == '') $from  = "From: $adminmail\r\n" . "Reply-To: $adminmail\r\n" . "Return-Path: $adminmail\r\n";
      mail("$email", "$subject", "$message", "$from");
   }
}

Then try adding a second email like so:
Code:

function ya_mail($email, $subject, $message, $from) {
global $ya_config, $adminmail;
   if ($ya_config['servermail'] == 0) {
      if (trim($from) == '') $from  = "From: $adminmail\r\n" . "Reply-To: $adminmail\r\n" . "Return-Path: $adminmail\r\n";
      mail("$email", "$subject", "$message", "$from");
                mail("$adminmail", "$subject", "$message", "$from");
   }
}

This is pretty crude but it should work and be easy enough to change if it gets to be a problem. Let me know if it does ok? I can't test on my localhost site without installing a email server again. Thats one reason I'm really looking forward to having SMTP as a standard option Mr. Green

User to user emails won't be effected at all because that is all handled via the forums as far as I know.

64bitguy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:30 am Reply with quote

I see what you're saying, but it doesn't look like it's all consolidated to just that point.

There's also:
modules/Your_Account/admin/activateuserconf.php
modules/Your_Account/admin/adduserconf.php
modules/Your_Account/admin/approveuserconf.php
etc....

As for phpBB, yeah, that's all pretty much handled by emailer.php in the includes directory, but I'm still looking for the specific entry for Nuke's "Edit User" section where it would send the subscription email when checking that box.

I would suggest that in the next version of YA, all mailing is done from one place (like phpBB's emailer.php) versus each function having a seperate section addressing emailing spreadout over many different files. Just seems like a big headache to have this done in 10 seperate files.

In the meantime, I'll play with this more.
Steph

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account

View next topic
View previous topic