Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
mrix
Client

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:06 am Reply with quote

Hi all for some time since I installed phpnuke it seems to generate loads of log files server side its got so bad now I have to ring my host up every few days to get them deleted yesturday my phpnuke 7.6 site generated 15 mb of log files alone, thing is I dont have a cpanel and I am not allowed access to these files through [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] I have explained there problem to the server and they just say the way the hosting works its a template and they cant do anything about it?, have I got any options elswhere? can I do something to phpnuke 7.6 that can help?
Thanks for any help
mrix

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:49 am Reply with quote

Using a theme with a lot of images will generate loads of requests for images. But thats jumping the gun a little. Get the log and search it a little and see what these requests are. It could very well be from a worm attack. If that is the case there are some things that can be done in htaccess to minimize the impact of the requests.

Particularly search the logs for rush= in this month I have recieved thousands of these requests. Check out the threads regarding santy in the Nuke Sentinel thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic