Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports
Trubador
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:19 pm Reply with quote

High all, I just thought I'd post this. Basically its from another Webby.
First post by me.
Quote:
I wonder if someone can help me with this little problem.
Everything seems to work fine with the gallery. Its integrated without a hitch into PHPNuke, (although it did take this noob ages to configure it), Admin, uploads edit everything work fine. This was done about a month ago.
As of 3 days ago, for some reason, when I access the gallery through the module, everything is displayed fine. Access an album, all thumbs are displayed fine.
If I click on a thumbnail, or its resize link below it I get this error:

Code:
Error: Requested index [0] out of bounds [16]
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /homepages/11/d93920534/htdocs/html/modules/gallery/classes/Album.php on line 1258

The line reads:

1256 function getPhotoId($index) {
1257 $photo = $this->getPhoto($index);
1258 return $photo->getPhotoId();

I've accessed the config wizard and looked at or changed things, (now reverted back to when I began) with no success.
However, at the end of the config wizard, I click the link 'Enter the Gallery'
a full Gallery page is displayed. If I click on a thumbnail in here it displays the picture fine.
I'm not sure but it seems to be a PhpNuke integration problem.
Has anyone any ideas???
Thanks in advance
Trub

The replys

Quote:
This is happening to me too after upgrading Sentinel 2.11 to 2.13.
So far putting back the old 2.11 /includes/sentinel.php or even the
2.12 /includes/sentinel.php fixes it (not sure how this will effect Sentinel).

My same error:
Code:
Error: Requested index [0] out of bounds [19]
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /mywebsite.com/modules/gallery/classes/Album.php on line 1258

and the last reply

Quote:
I have narrowed it down to The Sanity worm code at the
beginning of the /includes/sentinel.php. Editing out those
lines with // at front fixes it for now.
Code:

// Stop Santy Worm
//$bad_uri_content="rush,highlight,perl,chr(,pillar,visualcoder,sess_";
//global $REQUEST_URI;
//$tmp=explode(",",$bad_uri_content);
//while(list($id,$uri_content)=each($tmp)) {
// if (strpos($REQUEST_URI,$uri_content)) {
// die("Illegal Content");
// }
//}

I wasnt sure if you guys would know anything about this and I thought it would be easier quoting.

Would there be any problem in editing out the Santy worm code?
I know it wouldnt be there without a good reason.

I got hit like many others with 100+ emails a day.
BTW cheers all for making Sentinal, if I hadnt had it installed I'd probably be still sat in a bar, intoxicated and very emotional.
Cheers all
Trub

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:23 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Trubador

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:06 pm Reply with quote

Cheers m8.... I did see this in the forums, but was unsure if it wasnt just a gallery problem.
It did the trick.....
Thanks again.
Trub

bry2k

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:45 am Reply with quote

Hello, I have experiencing the same problem as original poster -- I upgraded Sentinel to 2.1.3 and now Gallery 144pl4 is broken. Whenever I click on an image thumbnail in one of my picture albums, I get this error:

Error: Requested index [0] out of bounds [56]
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in ***/public_html/portal/modules/gallery/classes/Album.php on line 1258

I read the other thread, but it's not clear to me what I should do. Someone also mentioned posting a v2.1.3b of Sentinel that fixes this, but I don't see that in the downloads section. Raven, can you help me out? I'm not as hip as some of you guys with code tweaks...could you give me the "for Dummies" version of fixing this problem?

Thanks!

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:48 am Reply with quote

Have you commented out the Santy Worm code?

bry2k

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:58 am Reply with quote

Well, one guy wrote that when he did that something else broke...and then later I saw a post that Bob was gonna post a fix so I thought I'd put my faith it in the hands of the experts and use that fixed version. So...no. But what should I do? Do I comment out the whole chunk, or just remove those two variables mentioned in the other thread, or...? Appreciate the quick reply. Glad I caught you. Thanks!

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:59 am Reply with quote

If you have your .htaccess up to date with the santy worm code, then just comment out that code.

bry2k

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:03 am Reply with quote

I don't think I do. Honestly, I don't even know what the Santy worm is. Smile Can you please tell me exactly what I need to do? Do I need to comment out the code and add those .htaccess directives that are discussed in the other thread? Do I need protection from the Santy worm on a Linux server? php 4.3.10, apache 1.3.3, nuke-patched 7.6, sentinel 213. Thanks!

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:06 am Reply with quote

Yes - yes - yes.

bry2k

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:15 am Reply with quote

Hey Raven -- one more question if its okay...this Gallery/Sentinal conflict is related to the $id variable, right? Should I just wait for you guys to address that in 213b rather than implementing another layer of crud to my .htaccess file which is already seriously bloated with various other directives?

Is the Santy worm strictly a phpnuke related problem or is it a server exploit that my provider may already have protection against and I should check with them first before implementing htaccess protection against it?

Thanks!

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:22 am Reply with quote

The Santy Worm is not phpnuke specific. Implementing it in .htaccess is safer than in the application as it's at the server level. Search google to get the lowdown on the worm.

bry2k

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:40 am Reply with quote

Done. Fixed. Thanks!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports

View next topic
View previous topic