Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports
Cirque
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:33 pm Reply with quote

I cannot be certain it was Sentinel, but about the same time I put in 2.1.3 and 2.8 chatserve patchs my FAQ quit letting me Edit/Delete questions etc.

I was using ECP-FAQ without any problems before upgrading but had it overwritten during the upgrade of 2.8 patch so had to restore and thats when I noticed I could no longer edit questions.

The questions and answers are all visable as are the catagories.. but for the life of me I cannot figure out why they show up there but wont let me edit.

When I click "Edit" all that comes up is a blank spot for the question and answer as if they don't exist or if they do they are invisible.

Both catagories are "faqanswers" and "faqquestions" and changing them to any variation only makes them disappear.

I have replaced everything FAQ related I can think of from the 2.8 chatserve file just to make sure I did not somehow edit or corrupt anything, and the problem persists.

Of course the problem might be unrelated to sentinel or 2.8 patch, but if you have any ideas on what file to look into, I would appreciate it.

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:23 pm Reply with quote

well it sound like a problem i had...
not sure but try this...
open sentinel.php in your includes folder and on top take out the first part like below sample....then try again after you cleaned you internet history and stuff..

Code:

// Stop Santy Worm
//$bad_uri_content="rush,highlight,perl,chr(,pillar,visualcoder,sess_";
//global $REQUEST_URI;
//$tmp=explode(",",$bad_uri_content);
//while(list($id,$uri_content)=each($tmp)) {
  // if (strpos($REQUEST_URI,$uri_content)) {
     // die("Illegal Content");
  // }
//}

Cirque

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:57 pm Reply with quote

Thats it! But now wont I be open to those Santy Worms?.. Ugg!

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:31 pm Reply with quote

well those were only attacking the phpbb forums as far as i know.
but if your running the newest forum then you dont have to be affraid...

Cirque

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:55 pm Reply with quote

Not sure.. theres so many versions of things mentioned at the bottom I cant really tell.. what is the newest version and have you seen a link for it by any chance? Searching nukecops seems to be endless files without much orginization

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:55 am Reply with quote

hi,

the correct and safe version of the phpbb forum is the 2.0.11.
if your using a version below then its recommended you just upgrade.
if you done that you can take out the code i posted.

if you have the previous version before the 2.0.11,then go to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and type 2.0.11 for search.

to check your version just go into your forum and look at the bottom where it should say....Powered by phpBB 2.0.11 © 2001 phpBB Group
or just click on the copyright link.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:29 am Reply with quote

P.S. If you have installed Chatserv 2.8 patches in their entirety, then the code fix that was put into phpBB 2.0.11 has been already applied. You do not need to upgrade to 2.0.11.

Cirque

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:00 am Reply with quote

I am supprised I could'nt find any mention of this problem when I searched. Am I the second person to run into it? Why is only my 7.4 FAQ affected and not the rest of the world? Razz

Ugg. I just upgraded to 2.0.11 forums then reapplied the necessary 2.8 patches over those affected files to be "sure" and then remodified a couple files to show the restrict sigs limit and size and newsletter sub in forum profile.. and now the site is running slowwwww!

Any idea why the site would slow down to 5-8 seconds per page load vs .4 or less before?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:46 am Reply with quote

hello Cirque,

for example......members usualy want to have,grab or whatever...
so if you have about 200 mods installed like i do the chances are very litle that a member or visitor will notify me or you in this case that there's something wrong with a mod....
I run into it because i was installing someting...
I noticed that i couldnt delete anything from my ms topsites.

But believe me people were aware of this problem for some weeks now.
Another problem is,is that they are busy with a lot of stuff and we have to wait for the update on the problem...

as for the loading time of your pages.....cannot imagine it has something to do with the other...

Cirque

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:10 am Reply with quote

I only have a few mods due to the eternal upgrading that seems to need to be done to keep things "secure", but yea, most times noone mentions anything not working and I happen to chance upon it myself. I am still supprised I missed finding any posts about it not working so late after the 2.1.3 release and very glad to see someone not only had the same problem but a solution as well.

Now if the pages start loading again faster, I will be back to "good".. wish I had some clue what I could have changed in the above process that would cause a diffrence in loading time. It would seem it has to be related to 2.0.11 forum upgrade in some way to me because it wasn't slow till after that as far as I remember. Then again.. it could be something else that I missed which is often the case.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:27 am Reply with quote

well its hard to tell whats causing any slow speed on your site.
if i knew your site i could judge myself.

Cirque

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:41 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:48 am Reply with quote

i dont have any speed problems...
site loads normale,faster then some i know...

Cirque

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:50 am Reply with quote

Yeah very strange, it seems to be fast again for me now also. Not a clue what caused that drop in speed.. o well. I suppose all is good again till the next update. Smile

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:04 am Reply with quote

If that happens again, do a tracert to your site and see if the delay is in the hops. Normal dsl is between 20 and 50 ms.

Cirque

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:22 am Reply with quote

Cable here, but netherless would a bad ping cause the page generation time to shoot upto 8+ seconds as shown at the bottom of the pages? I thought that was more dependant on server load at the webhost.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:29 am Reply with quote

Not necessarily. And whether cable or dsl, always do a tracert to see exactly what router may be causing the slow response time.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports

View next topic
View previous topic