Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
blith
Client

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:39 pm Reply with quote

I have reinstalled 7.6 patched 2.7 from here and I pointed it to a 7.2 db. I ran the upgrades in order from 7.2 - 7.6 and all succeeded. But now when i log-out of admin I get redirected back and I am logged in again. Please help. Thanks.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:00 pm Reply with quote

Have you tried deleting your cookies and clearing your cache?

blith

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:13 pm Reply with quote

Will do...

blith

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:12 pm Reply with quote

New interesting problem. I trashed that whole install of 7.6 and started over with a new install and new db. I created a super admin and then proceeded to the home page. I was greeted by Welcome Blith_Erring_Idio!! Funny thing is I did not create that user. I registered the first and only user under Blith. Where is it getting that name? That name exists on another db but I did not point to that db

PHrEEkie
Subject Matter Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:22 pm Reply with quote

Home page might have been cached... press CTRL-refresh

Delete cookies again...

PHrEEk

Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:38 pm Reply with quote

I had this issue when i upgraded from 6.9 or 7.0 (I forget which one) to 7.6. The solution what that I didn't delete all those darn admin files that you were suppose to.

At least that's what solved it for me. I know you said you did a clean install but for most people a clean install is just an overlay of the old files, not a complete delete of the directories in question. Not that I'm pointing fingures or anything....

-drmike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:51 am Reply with quote

I did do a complete delete of an entire directory.. so I know there were no files... unless trash in Cpanel does not work properly...

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:29 pm Reply with quote

I changed the admin.php logout function like this it works a little better:
Code:

case "logout":
      setcookie("admin", false); // Sec Fix see phpnuke.org
      $admin = "";
      include("header.php");
      OpenTable();
      echo "<center><font class=\"title\"><b>"._YOUARELOGGEDOUT."</b></font></center>";
      CloseTable();
              // Changed redirect to index instead of admin.php
      echo "<META HTTP-EQUIV=\"refresh\" content=\"3;URL=./index.php\">";
      include("footer.php");
   break;

Now the only trouble since I still have is with the situation where I have a nuke site in a primary domain and a nuke site in a subdomain and use the same login id and password. Then there is still a conflict but... anyway thats all I came up with.

blith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:56 pm Reply with quote

Thanks... this addresses the log-out issue. Do you have any idea why it would welcome a user from another db? Thanks!

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:17 pm Reply with quote

I honestly don't know whats up with that. Aside from the couple things mentioned already. The admin auth is based soley on the cookie verification that the name and pass in the cookie match the name and pass in the DB.

So the 3 things browser cache corrupt, DB corrupt or some how the cookie file on the server was corrupt with your other domain since most likely they are all stored in the same temp file on the server it isn't impossible. This is where a cookie path in your own tmp/cookie directory would be nice to avoid these potential conflicts.

blith

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:07 am Reply with quote

Thank you very much. I am so glad you guys are here...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic