Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
tess333

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:28 pm Reply with quote

Yesterday my search page started giving an "invalid SQL arugment" error and the message boards gave me an error that said "connection error" and "bankrupt database". The stories database was fine and everything else was working.

I logged in last night to work on the problem and found row after row of sql errors, can't get my homepage up and can't login as admin. When I go to the admin page I get a rows of sql errors followed by a box that says there are no admin accounts set up but I can't set one up. I have tried to run the testers for the sql but analyzer won't upload and conntest returns a blank page.

So basically I can't access my admin menu or homepage. But I can get to the site through my ftp phpmyexplorer.

The site was fine over last weekend and I have done no editing or installations since then. Could this be caused by a post to the forums? Can anyone tell me where posts to the forums are stored?

I am on version 5.6 Here is a link [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Thanks
-t

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:40 pm Reply with quote

Did you try using the REPAIR tables option in phpMyAdmin?

tess333

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:50 pm Reply with quote

OK - embarrased to say this but I'm not sure what you mean? By myphpadmin do you mean the admin menu on the site - I can't access that, or are you talking about another program?

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:53 pm Reply with quote

Don't be! Are you familiar with phpMyAdmin? The application to directly edit and maintain your MySQL database? It has options to REPAIR certain issues with your database.

tess333

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:28 am Reply with quote

Oh ok, I don't maintain my own server and my web host never set me up with that. I'll ask him.

Update on the situation: web host rebooted the server and it seems to have cleared up everything!

Thanks, Raven for your input. Sorry to take up your time and space with a false alarm.

-t

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:34 am Reply with quote

So glad that it was that simple! But you do need to have access to phpMyAdmin. When you need it, it's a blessing!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic