Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Chit Chat
Muffin
Client

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:10 am Reply with quote

I'm on a roll today aren't I? lol

I got interested in the internet very late. About 5 years ago, and the ripe old age of 46. My husband had had a really bad accident and was unable to work anymore, and I had to give up my career to stay home and look after him.

I had plenty of time to spend on the internet, but hadn't really been that interested in it until then.

I own a Classic Mini (for anyone who doesn't know what they are, they're very small British cars like a little box, just 10ft long).

I decided to make a homepage all about my car. Infact it was learning how to make a website and using Dreamweaver that got me hooked on site building. Plus the fact it stopped me vegetating being stuck at home all day and not seeing many people from one week to another.

Instead of feeling isolated and getting depressed, I found I met so many new people through the website, and made lots of good friends.

The website took off withe a vengeance, something that totally surprised me, and I was forever trying to improve the design and content. It was so popular with people, we decided to start an online club, and it's just grown from there. We have people from all over the world regularly posting on our forum, and it has become more a social meeting place now than a car site.

After a few DoS attacks and the site getting hacked, I decided to change the site to a Nuke site, for security reasons mainly, I was always scared of Nuke as it seemed so complicated.

It still is and I still am scared of it .... lol but with the help of Raven and all the other Admins on here, I'm beginning to get the hang of it more and think it's a great system for a busy site.

So thats what really got me started in webwork. Now I get people asking me to do a little html site for them.

I feel I've achieved something, and although it was an awful way to get pushed into it, with my husbands accident, if he hadn't had that accident I may never have learnt so much about sites and scripts, nor met so many really nice people.

Oh you're not asleep yet then? I haven't bored you too much lol

diablo
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:52 am Reply with quote

The web is a wonderful place for all. Its a whole new world for people especially the housebound.

I used to drive a Mini, it was build in March 1960 and i bought it for £50. and it was great until i got married and had children and then the boot became a problem.

Anyway good luck with your web building and post the url.

Muffin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:33 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the good luck wishes diablo. Everyone seems to have owned a Mini at some point dont they? lol

Yours would be worth a fortune now you know, the old 60's ones restored can fetch as much as £10k and more.

Most people sell them when they start family's then get back into them once the family has grown up and left home.

Here's the url: mCm

Hope it's not too boring for you lol

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:59 am Reply with quote

Muffin,

Your security code in your login box has the dreaded red X. Check your config.php and your language files for extra lines after the closing ?> tag Smile

Muffin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:38 pm Reply with quote

oooh thanx Raven I'll go check it straight away, I don't want another wack with the stick from you lol

Thanks

*edit*

I had loads of spaces lol

I think they're secretly breeding on my server myself.

peace
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:55 pm Reply with quote

oh no muFFy here Shocked Shocked
Mr. Green

Muffin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:05 pm Reply with quote

Shocked Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic