Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.2
brentnhunter
Client

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:54 am Reply with quote

I have a primary account here, which is for domain [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] . My addon domain is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] . I copied the files from my primary account to the addon account. When I have a plain index.html file on the addon account's main directory, that index.html file displays properly. However when I remove that file -- and then it automatically goes to index.php I assume -- rather than displaying theglobaldialogues.tv in the URL browser field, it shows [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] , almost like my addon domain is parked on top of the primary domain. Any ideas why it would be doing this?

Thank you!

Brent

sharlein
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:07 am Reply with quote

Did you use phpMyadmin to create the addon domain?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:08 am Reply with quote

No, I used CPanel.

sharlein

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:26 am Reply with quote

where did you place the directory for the addon? Also check to make sure you don't have any redirects for the old (now addon) domain.

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:29 am Reply with quote

Nope, no redirects... Raven told me the new addon domain gets put under my existing primary directory, so that is where I put it.

sharlein

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:35 am Reply with quote

That is the right place to put it. How long ago did you do this? It can take up to 72 hours to resolve.

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:45 am Reply with quote

More than 72 hours ago. It was resolving last week. But again, if I go to the addon domain with index.html in that directory (it's there now), it displays properly, which means it is resolving properly. However as soon as I remove that index.html file, it somehow goes over to my primary domain! I expect it to look the same as my primary domain, because I copied the files from the primary domain and I haven't changed them yet, but I don't expect the URL in the browser to show the primary domain, it should be the secondary domain, just like the secondary domain shows when the index.html file is there. Weird.

(my primary domain is earthlighthouse.tv and secondary is theglobaldialogues.tv )

sharlein

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:58 am Reply with quote

It is weird. This is a stupid question, but do you have an index.php in the addon file? I just thought of a long shot. Type the addon's address (theglobaldialogues.tv ) into your browser. If it comes back showing the original name, go to forums admin and change the config info to match the addon's info. If you copied all of the files per se, the incorrect info is this being displayed, i.e., the site info from the original. Wow that is a long shot, lol.

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:21 pm Reply with quote

hi again Sharlein yes there is an index.php file there. If I put in the addon's address ( [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ) it does NOT show the original name unless I have the index.html file in the directory which of course prevents anything useful from happening as far as nuke is concerned. But if I take it out, then it doesn't show [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] in the URL window so any changes I make will be made to my primary domain, which of course I don't want to do.

Raven, please help!

(*drowning, gurgling sound*)

Brent

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:18 pm Reply with quote

Have you created separate databases and config.php like I explained? Then you have to modify your nuke Preferences for the addon domain. If not, the addon will keep pointing back to your original site.

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:20 pm Reply with quote

Yes. I created a separate database and DB user. I modified the config.php to point to the new DB. However when I try to log in to the addon domain to modify the nuke prefs, it keeps pointing me back to the primary domain.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:25 pm Reply with quote

When I look at your 2 config.php files, they are identical. You need to review your changes.

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:34 pm Reply with quote

I triple checked them this morning. I just looked again and they are indeed different. We must be looking at different things. The one config file is in public_html and the other one is in public_html/theglobaldialogues

*scratching head*

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:40 pm Reply with quote

I just looked and ran a file compare and they are identical. Are you sure you're looking on my server and not on your old server?

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:41 pm Reply with quote

Now this is getting REALLY weird. I just FTP'd into my account using a different FTP application and when I look in the theglobaldialogues directory there, you're right Raven, the config.php file is identical to the one in the directory up above it. Why on Earth would the FTP package I use produce different results? The main one I use is Dreamweaver which shows different config.php files but the one that shows them the same is WS_FTP.

Rolling Eyes

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:43 pm Reply with quote

I am FTPing to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] for Dreamweaver as well as WS_FTP Pro.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:43 pm Reply with quote

I have always advised against Dreamweaver as do many other PHP affectionados. I am not slamming it other than to say that using that as your PHP editor and ftp client has caused much angst for many people. That's all I can say.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:45 pm Reply with quote

Are you receiving any error messages in your ftp log?

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:52 pm Reply with quote

I'm not getting any errors in WS_FTP. I'm not sure where to look in Dreamweaver for errors, but normally if there are any errors, they just up in popup dialogue boxes an I'm not getting any of those.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:55 pm Reply with quote

Try to ftp some other file to your addon domain directory and see if it accepts it.

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:57 pm Reply with quote

Using Dreamweaver or WS_FTP? Please keep in mind that I copied my entire theglobaldialogues directory using Dreamweaver and that the entire directory and all the files show up in it as being copied in Dreamweaver.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:59 pm Reply with quote

Use wsftp. I just logged into your account (as you) and can transfer files w/o any problem. Try to transfer your changed config.php to your addon domain directory using wsftp.

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:07 pm Reply with quote

Well I can certainly do that as a short term fix but I should be able to use Dreamweaver no? I'd like to find out why it's doing this so it won't in the future.

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:11 pm Reply with quote

Ready for more weirdness? I just FTP'd the config.php file to the addon dir and it still switches over to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] when I type in [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (I removed the index.html file)

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:31 pm Reply with quote

I have no idea about the dreamweaver problem. I'd post the issue in their support forum. I will investigate this other issue of the domain anomaly.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.2

View next topic
View previous topic