Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports
eduardo72

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:55 am Reply with quote

Hello!

I have been installing phpnuke 7.4 (ravenscripts pack) and two days ago I added sentinel. Things seemed fine I activated sentinal on all the different things (CLIKE UNION etc) I also activated httpauth for admin login and the portal worked just fine. I installed all the files edited mainfile.php inserting the required lines of code... so I followed the install instructions.

DOS protection is ON
Block proxies is OFF
Auto clear blocks OFF

Suddenly, with no apparent reason (this morning) I started experiencing weird behaviour and I'd like to know if anyone had a similar problem.

The site index.html will not load it just times out... the same thing happens with most modules I *can* get into admin.php and can also see pages in the content module....

I looked in the server error log and that is empty... Is there anything I can do to find out where this problem is? Could my webhost somehow be to blame?

I am running another phpnuke site on the same server (5.5 Surprised)
and that works perfectly....

I am thinking of just running the uninstall script (hope it works) but would like your input on this matter.

Thanks for reading!

Edu.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:03 am Reply with quote

Sentinel will NOT interefere with your running of Nuke. If it appears to, then you have made an error in your modifications when you installed it. Just comment out the include statement in mainfile.php and see if you still have the problem, which I expect you will.

eduardo72

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:03 am Reply with quote

Hi!

Raven wrote:
Just comment out the include statement in mainfile.php and see if you still have the problem, which I expect you will.

I commented out the lines and the pages are working again. I'll put the lines back in and check again maybe my webhost had a problem or the database was messed up and the mysql repair button I pressed in cpanel fixed something. I'll report back ASAP Im still checking though because even though the site frontpage is back some modules are not quite working the advertizing banner dissapeared and the MS Weather module is not displaying the weather data Rolling Eyes

Update:
The MS Weather and Advertizing probs seemed to be cache issues.

Funny thing is that to test out the theory I re-uploaded the mainfile with the sentinel code and it works too!

Im gonna wait some and see if maybe this is a webhost database server issue... that would account for the strange behaviour and the fact that the nuke site with sentinel seemed to work fine for a full day before this started to happen.

Cirque
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:58 am Reply with quote

Did you modify your theme files at all? I noticed similar issues but after restoring the theme it seems to have stopped that issue. Also seems that fixing the block weight in the blocks admin also would correct it for awhile. Are you using any news feeds blocks?

fernando
Client

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:47 am Reply with quote

I am observing a similar issue running v7.5 with NukeSentinel (at Ravenwebhosting). The module I am having the HUNG (timeouts due to excessive redirects in a page) trouble with is EventCal v2.13 . These are all fresh installs since Oct 1st.

They are stumped at the EventCal (Holbrookau) forums, and some claim that disabling Sentinel solved their problem. No one wants to run that way!

BTW, EventCal requires applying a hack to mainfile.php (to add link and counter in submissions block) and to re-add the "radminency" field to the DB (there in v7.4 but removed as of v7.5). Making these changes caused no errors, and EventCal works fine except for the HUNGs when changing months in a view (both from the module and from a block).

In my case I have the vanilla Nuke Themes (DeepBlue, SandJourney with different logos and top menus), I have seen random weirdness with the block weights, and do use RSS feeds in several blocks on the homepage.

Questions:
* Anything else I should do to troubleshoot?
* Suggestions to pass on to the EventCal forums?
* Alternatives to EventCal?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports

View next topic
View previous topic