Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
annadoodle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:59 am Reply with quote

I posted about this problem previously, but it's resurfaced! I keep wondering why no one is joining my site, because I seem to have loads of guests, but I got an email this morning stating that after users click on the confirmation link, they can't login ("Login details incorrect"). Indeed, they're deleted from nuke_users_temp but not added to nuke_users.

The userids are all whacky - the last user who joined (the 100th user) has userid "2147483647". There's no userid 1, and Anonymous has the userid 0.

This happened after I merged the user database from phpBB2 with the nuke_users table. I'd previously thought I fixed the problem by changing the next auto-increment but apparently it didn't work.

Any other ideas?

This is my old thread regarding this problem

TIA

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:12 am Reply with quote

Anna,

Make sure that there are no users in your users table with the -1 user_id value. If there are then correct it using phpMyAdmin. Then, follow the steps in your other post. I routinely use the procedure in that other post and it has never failed me. I don't know what else to offer up at this point. You might also look at the user_id in the users_temp file to see if there are any in there that have a large user_id. I would also disallow anonymous posting if you haven't already.

annadoodle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:22 am Reply with quote

^ I've disallowed Anonymous posting, had done that already. The last member who joined is the only one with the large userid. None of the users have an id of -1, and following the instructions in the other thread doesn't fix the problem Crying or Very sad

Might have to start over!

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:28 am Reply with quote

So you corrected that bad user_ids in users and temp users (if there were any) and then did the ALTER statement on both the users and temp users table to reset them accordingly and you still have the problem?

annadoodle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:34 am Reply with quote

I did all of that, yup.

Then I did it again, and then again.

Third time's a charm, as they say. It works now Rolling Eyes

Thanks Raven!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic