Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
kd8hho
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:57 pm Reply with quote

one issue I am having is nuke making server send email for account creation. not sure what is going on there. email gets sent from client on computer, i can go into horde via cpan it sends I even made a test email send php code file all works yet nuke just will not send mail out. scratching head on this one. not sure if I am overlooking something. originally had site email as gmail, no send. so I changed to site domain email no send.

host is hostgator not sure if maybe the host is killing it.

Linux Register User #481509 | Ubuntu Register User #25492 
neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:39 am Reply with quote

1. go the Forums Administration and search on the left-bar: "Configuration" in "General Admin". Then scroll down to "Email Settings" and add there your E-Mail adress, which should be used. Use "No" for the "Use SMTP Server for email" option.

2. Go back to the Nuke-Administration and check under "Edit Users" in "Configuration" the "Registration" options. Make sure that "Use Email Activation? (Only if server can send mail)" is activated.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:28 am Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
1. go the Forums Administration and search on the left-bar: "Configuration" in "General Admin". Then scroll down to "Email Settings" and add there your E-Mail adress, which should be used. Use "No" for the "Use SMTP Server for email" option.

2. Go back to the Nuke-Administration and check under "Edit Users" in "Configuration" the "Registration" options. Make sure that "Use Email Activation? (Only if server can send mail)" is activated.

everything set correctly but no dice. i really have to suspect host is killing it. as it won't let html newsletter send also. blah lol. guess its what i get for using cheap shared hosting to build. lol

neralex

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:54 am Reply with quote

kd8hho, I splitted your issue from the other thread because this is issue is not related with the php7-support. If you have issues, which are not php7-specific please open a new thread. Thanks.

You can try this "How to" to test your hosting-package: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Maybe the Mail-Provider is blocking incoming E-Mails from the IP of your shared-hosting company. You can try to add an account with a E-Mail adress, where you have control over the spam-rules like an alias from your mail-server of your hosting company.

kd8hho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:17 pm Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
kd8hho, I splitted your issue from the other thread because this is issue is not related with the php7-support. If you have issues, which are not php7-specific please open a new thread. Thanks.

You can try this "How to" to test your hosting-package: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Maybe the Mail-Provider is blocking incoming E-Mails from the IP of your shared-hosting company. You can try to add an account with a E-Mail adress, where you have control over the spam-rules like an alias from your mail-server of your hosting company.

sorry for late response, been busy.

the mail test code works it not only will send from my tld domain but also will send from gmail.

however nuke it will not send no matter what email address i put in the admin email, no reg email checks are sent no newsletter tests nothing. it does having me scratch me head since the php test code works yet nuke does not but should

neralex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:43 am Reply with quote

Create a new account on your site for testing and keep an eye on the current time, while you are creating it. If you are done with the registration and you got the notice, that you should check your inbox, then open the php-error-logfile in your hosting-account and compare the entries with the timestamp of your registration. Check if related errors are logged.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic