Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
ibonic
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:01 pm Reply with quote

Hi I just tried a fresh install of Version 2.51, I can log in as Admin, but when I try login in as a member it wont let me, also it wont let new members register?

Any ideas what I'm missing on install?

Here is the link to the new install
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Thank you,

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:02 pm Reply with quote

It sounds like either your file permissions are wrong or your server doesn't have mod_security configured correctly.
It could also be some weird .htaccess issue with your web host. Try to rename your .htaccess file and see if that corrects the issue. If it does, then you will need to see what in .htaccess is conflicting with your server configuration.

Last edited by nuken on Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total 
ibonic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:12 pm Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
It sounds like either your file permissions are wrong or your server doesn't have mod_security configured correctly.
It could also be some weird .htaccess issue with your web host. Try to rename your .htaccess file and see if that corrects the issue. If it does, than you will need to see what in .htaccess is conflicting with your server configuration.

Rename the .htaccess file to >?

nuken

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:19 pm Reply with quote

Anything other than .htaccess. For sharts and giggles let's choose .bananabread because I really like banana bread. If you can register and log in with the .htaccess file renamed, we know that is the issue and we will go from there. If it still is giving you fits, rename it back to .htaccess and we will try a different approach. Make sure you either clear your browser cache or close and reopen it before trying to register.

nuken

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:51 pm Reply with quote

I am going to have to be away for a while. If that does not work, create a new .htaccess file and put the following in it:

Code:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
   # Turn off mod_security filtering.
   SecFilterEngine Off
        SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

Save it in your Ravennuke root and see if that allows you to have access to the user accounts. If it does, mod_security is the problem. I will try and help when I return.

ibonic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:36 am Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
I am going to have to be away for a while. If that does not work, create a new .htaccess file and put the following in it:

Code:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
   # Turn off mod_security filtering.
   SecFilterEngine Off
        SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

Save it in your Ravennuke root and see if that allows you to have access to the user accounts. If it does, mod_security is the problem. I will try and help when I return.

I tried this and it nothing changed, also I tried renaming the .htaccess file to another name, and nothing changed as well.

t

nuken

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:54 am Reply with quote

My guess would have been a mod_security rule causing the issue. Look in your cpanel error log and see if it offers more info on the 403 error. Have you contacted your webhost and had them look at their server configuration? This is something on their end that is not configured correctly.

ibonic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:00 am Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
My guess would have been a mod_security rule causing the issue. Look in your cpanel error log and see if it offers more info on the 403 error. Have you contacted your webhost and had them look at their server configuration? This is something on their end that is not configured correctly.

Hi, I looked at the Cpanel error log and its empty, and as far as the webhost configuration I dont have the foggiest to know what is configured wrong or right.

nuken

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:23 pm Reply with quote

Contact your webhost and tell them your site is giving you a 403 Forbidden error when users try to register or login. They should be able to correct it on their end.

ibonic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:03 pm Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
Contact your webhost and tell them your site is giving you a 403 Forbidden error when users try to register or login. They should be able to correct it on their end.

Bingo! it works, told them what you said about the error and they did their thing and it now works, thank you for you help, its much appreciated

nuken

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:22 pm Reply with quote

Good deal....

ibonic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:24 am Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
Good deal....

I've been testing things now and the only module I have found on the two existing forums that I move is that the video stream module won't let me edit the videos and I get the same error,

You don't have permission to access /RavenNuke/admin.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

I wondering if there is still some kind of configuration they could do to fix this?

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:27 pm Reply with quote

Wrong URL? Because in your first post is the folder where RN is installed /RavenNuke1/ and not /RavenNuke/ ...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:04 pm Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
Wrong URL? Because in your first post is the folder where RN is installed /RavenNuke1/ and not /RavenNuke/ ...

Ravennuke1 implied to the fresh install I was testing, the Ravennuke is one of the sites I moved to the new hoster,

In the moved site (Ravennuke) I have installed php-nuke video stream 4.53, when I go to administration module - video stream module - manage videos - edit - then try to change something or add a new video I get that error. I have 2 site I moved to the new hoster, and both of them have php-nuke video stream 4.53 installed, and in both of them I can't edit or add videos.

neralex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:42 pm Reply with quote

Try to edit other things on the admin area like blocks, modules, news etc. Get you there the same issue or is it only a issue on the old module?

ibonic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:30 pm Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
Try to edit other things on the admin area like blocks, modules, news etc. Get you there the same issue or is it only a issue on the old module?

One thing I forgot to mention, is the video stream module was already installed and I moved it along to the new hoster, the database and files.

neralex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:35 pm Reply with quote

That was not the question, mate!

ibonic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:47 pm Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
That was not the question, mate!

All the other modules..etc work, this seems to be the only issue

neralex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:02 pm Reply with quote

Then is it not more related to your thread - offtopic. It seems RN works now fine on your end. It has nothing to do with user/admin logins, it's a issue on a very old module that isn't a part of RavenNuke. I gues this module will not work with the current php versions and it could be costs a lot of hours to fix it, when someone has the time.

How you can find PHP/SQL errors was posted in your last threads/answers (rnconfig.php). So you should know what is to do. I would suggest you to open a new thread in the forum for Converting/Creating Modules instead to post not related issues on a different topic. Provide the code what are you using to get the chance that someone can try a look into it - please report also your founded errors.

ibonic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:10 pm Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
Then is it not more related to your thread - offtopic. It seems RN works now fine on your end. It has nothing to do with user/admin logins, it's a issue on a very old module that isn't a part of RavenNuke. I gues this module will not work with the current php versions and it could be costs a lot of hours to fix it, when someone has the time.

How you can find PHP/SQL errors was posted in your last threads/answers (rnconfig.php). So you should know what is to do. I would suggest you to open a new thread in the forum for Converting/Creating Modules instead to post not related issues on a different topic. Provide the code what are you using to get the chance that someone can try a look into it - please report also your founded errors.

Sounds good, thank you for your help

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:21 am Reply with quote

Sad Hi Ibonic! So much time wasted because you were not listening to anybody when I told you u had buggy old video stream module which was giving you trouble. U just needed to disable it but any way. I hope you learn your lesson. I'm glad u notice now. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic