Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
Eduardo
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:18 am Reply with quote

A module or a theme built for the version 2.5.1 will be fully compatible for the upcoming version 3?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:07 am Reply with quote

Eduardo, no, it will not. However, there will be several good theme and module examples, plus some tutorials are planned.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:10 am Reply with quote

Both will require some work to be made compatible, with a module likely being easier. I plan to have some guides available post release.

There are changes to the way JS and CSS files are loaded that will effect both modules and themes.

Our core UI will be based on Bootstrap v3 so much of the CSS in older themes will no longer be necessary (styling of forms, tables, and many other elements), you will just need to build a custom copy of Bootstrap to match your theme/color scheme. There are variety of ways to do this which I will touch on later.

There are also a variety of changes which can optionally be undertaken such as new filtering standards, etc.

Eduardo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:54 am Reply with quote

Will be maintained the Burzi copyright?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:51 pm Reply with quote

Eduardo wrote:
Will be maintained the Burzi copyright?

I cannot speak for the Team but my personal answer is "not if I can help it". Apart from some of the directory structure, some file names and some function names, there is no similarity with Burzi's code.
3 is so different it could even have it's own license. Just to recap some of the major differences;
We are no longer using or providing backward compatibility with mysql (it actually reaches end-of-life soon) and are using the PDO wrapper, mysqli.
UTF-8 and HTML 5 are used throughout as well as native support for left-to-right as well as right-to-left languages.
A complete new data sanitization and validation system is implemented (HTML Purifier).
User registration, log-in validation etc is handle by a new dedicated API.
Administration and user themes are completely seperate and independent in addition to setting a different 'default' theme for anonymous users.

I wish I could list everything but it would take so long!

Converting a 2.4 or 2.5 module so it actually works, is fairly straight forward and we'll have tutorials available to help guide people. That in itself sounds fairly daunting but it should not take more than a few minutes per file depending on what the file has in it, even for a novice PHP enthusiast..

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:58 pm Reply with quote

Eduardo,

No. v2.5x could have removed it but we decided to wait for v3.0.

Eduardo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:38 am Reply with quote

I hope that the nuke word will be eliminated completely.
It would be appropriate to christen it with a new fantasy name.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic