Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BUGS/FIXES - Raven's v7.3 Customized Distro
porcupinepc
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:42 pm Reply with quote

I have been having alot of trouble getting my new PHP-Nuke 7.3 Custom Distro setup. I just changed hosting companies and i found out something i know nothing about. They say for security reasons, it is running in "safe mode". How does one get PHP-Nuke to work in safe mode?

Joe

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:46 pm Reply with quote

Should run ok in safe mode but there are some modules that work or work best if your not in safe mode. I think there is some info in the online manual with more details.

porcupinepc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:00 pm Reply with quote

I believe now, that is why i have been having so many problems. I get the 'access denied" message all the time and i cant get into the admin screen.
I have checked and double checked my config.php settings and they are fine.

If anyone knows for sure if it will/will not work in safe mode, please let me know. I need a discussion board software program that will work.

Joe

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:23 pm Reply with quote

My nuke works great in safe mode, including the forums. The only module I'm aware of that will not work in safe mode is EGallery. Have you deleted cookies and files?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:32 am Reply with quote

i deleted cookies, files, history etc. First i had alot of trouble getting the database working which it was till i deleted it all last night.I set myself up as admin "GOD" but then, when i tried logging in under admin.php, it said "access denied"

Joe

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:57 am Reply with quote

Joe, ask your hosting company if they are runnin PHP as CGI or an Apache module.

porcupinepc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:30 am Reply with quote

got them on the phone and they said they use CGI and they run Linux

Joe

CodyG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:26 am Reply with quote

hmmm... that php as cgi will cause you all kinds of probs, me thinks.

porcupinepc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:44 am Reply with quote

Well the company that i deal with offers 1000MB space so im real happy about that. The unfortunate thing is nuke doesnt work very good with it. So what i am planning is to put a discussion board together that will work with my setup

Joe

cuberille

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:03 am Reply with quote

Quote:
hmmm... that php as cgi will cause you all kinds of probs, me thinks.

Bang Head aaaaaarrrrghhh!!! Bang Head

I have been through tons of forum posts (on this site and others) for the last few days wracking my brains Bang Head trying to figure out why I keep getting "Access Denied" when I try login as admin. Here I was thinking that because I'm a total noob that surely I must have screwed up somewhere. But noooooo, you mean to tell me that it might be my hosting company? BTW - they run PHP as a CGI binary. So am I totally f'ed, or is there a solution to this? Me thinks I've reached my frustration quota for the day Crying or Very sad

Any help would be appreciated
cuberille

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:58 am Reply with quote

Raven Web Hosting Laughing

CodyG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:00 am Reply with quote

I agree with Raven. Although php as cgi might work for some, and might not be the cause of your access denied problem... I think the whole thing is pointless. php is a proper scripting language and is becoming wildly popular. All hosts should have it.

I ran into this issue again just a few days ago. One client had hosted their basic webpages with a local freenet group. I asked the group about php, but they only had it on a test machine and there was no way to get access to it. They complained there were too many upgrades... so they weren't going to provide it. I could use Perl.

I could use another host! Rolling Eyes

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:24 am Reply with quote

CodyG wrote:
... I could use another host! Rolling Eyes
I am ready, willing and able to satisfy this yearning of yours!

cuberille

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:35 pm Reply with quote

FYI - I found a solution that might work for people on shared servers that run php as a cgi binary:

http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/posts2501-highlight.html

good luck!
cuberille

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BUGS/FIXES - Raven's v7.3 Customized Distro

View next topic
View previous topic