Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke
jbabey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:37 pm Reply with quote

*****EDIT*********************************************************
Please see the Outstanding Issues, They are beyond my skillset, I need help!

My DEV site, see it in action! (I have WORKING forum blocks, and WORKING forum marquee scrolling blocks) [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I found an old package from nukekorea.net (phpBB3 v3.05), installed it, spent several weeks fixing and patching files to make it work properly, and now I want to share my package with the community.

Original Package from 4/23/2010 (Many bugs, see included readme) [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

With SKYPE integrated and subscription bug fixed + misc fixes 05/07/2010 [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

-UPDATED March 4, 2011-
This is my "modules/phpbb3" folder (you still need the package above) This is the most up to date files I have. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I am at a point now, that I dont think I can fix or track down the remaining issues. There aren't many, and I'm hoping that someone here can help get them resolved.

======================================
OUTSTANDING ISSUES
-3 pixel bar appears across the top of the CMS when you go to the forums. Its being generated by the phpbb3 theme CSS file, it assumes that the TOP calls also include the header for the cms, im still looking into a workaround but my knowledge of CSS is terrible.

-Inherit Rights of forum user is permanent, the "set back to admin" link is NOT functional. It is most likely due to the way the "correct rights" link is being called (as in it does not call it through the module path but directly). It was most likely an oversight, I just havent looked at it yet to see if its correctable. As such, I have REMOVED all of the places it allows you to take a users rights, both in the acp and the user profile view.

-The administration link right now goes to the phpbb3 toolkit, think of it as a backdoor admin for the boards in case s**t gets really screwed up, Its not working yet, it pulls up the toolkit index, but its not functional. There are a lot of DB calls that I need to modify before it will function. In order to make it pull up at all, I commented out the style check. Its on my "To-Do" list. To test, edit the admin file "links.phpbb3.php" and replace YOURSITEHERE with your sites url.

-The profile's extended information is not passed to the phpBB3 (such as ICQ AIM Etc.) I plan to update the fisubice theme to link to the user control panel in phpBB3 where those fields currently are, and remove the input of those fields during site registration, or just change the db mappings to pull from the phpBB3 tables, instead of the default CMS tables.

-If you are NOT using ravennuke, and using a standard nuke, the wysiwyg editor will always popup on forum posts, and replies. This causes BBCode to stop functioning, to correct this go into your config.php and modify this line

$nuke_editor

it will =1, set it to 0, or vice-versa.... and it will stop the editor from popping up and allow BBCode again.

go back to the boards, logout, and log back in, that will reset you as the board admin.

Enjoy, and please post here if you have any questions about the changes I made or if you come across an issue I haven't and need help fixing it. Ill do my best!

Wink

______________MAJOR BUGS RESOLVED______________

-The "Subscribe to forum" works, however the email that is sent out sends incorrect links, they do not link by module, it generates a link as if the board is installed stand-alone. This is controlled by the /includes/functions php files, but they are a little complicated. I need to find the specific function that writes to the email template files (located in /language/en/email/template) and figure out how to have the function file create a link that is called by module, and not as if the forum is installed as a stand-alone.

Last edited by jbabey on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:37 am; edited 17 times in total 
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:58 pm Reply with quote

Great news and I'm sure that you will get the help you need. Thanks so much!

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:35 pm Reply with quote

I'll install it and take a look.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
Palbin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:46 pm Reply with quote

FYI there is a folder called "stk" in the "phpBB3" folder that has SVN folders in it and all sub-folders. These can be removed.

jbabey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:47 pm Reply with quote

Palbin wrote:
FYI there is a folder called "stk" in the "phpBB3" folder that has SVN folders in it and all sub-folders. These can be removed.

Ah! I totally forgot to do that. When I downloaded the phpbb3 toolkit, I just extracted it there then spent all my time trying to figure out how to get the admin link to pull the page up I forgot the SVN files were in there lol.

Appreciate it, if nothing else it will cut down the size of the .rar file!

rain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote

This is a awesome news for nuke cms projects i feel, well done an Thanks.

wHiTeHaT
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:50 am Reply with quote

I checked your site , and i see you not use a phpbb3 based theme.
I wonder what will be find if you go use a phpbb3 based template style.

slackervaara
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:56 am Reply with quote

Wonderful news! Much appreciated work. I thought it would be impossible to accomplish.

Csekk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:20 am Reply with quote

I have been running well.

But even a problem that is not integrated into the module Youraccount.

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:44 am Reply with quote

Hi jbabey,

First of all, thanks for working on this integration. This package will need lots of tests but I am very sure if everybody help and pay attention to this new forum we can get rid of the old phpbb2. Keep in touch!

jbabey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:59 pm Reply with quote

Csekk wrote:
I have been running well.

But even a problem that is not integrated into the module Youraccount.

Yes I mentioned that in the first post, I need to either map the database calls from "your account" in the cms to point to the new phpbb3 ones, or point phpbb3 to the database tables for the cms. OR remove the fields, and make the customization link go to your profile in the phpbb3.

The link will most likely be the easiest, but of course, it wont then be integrated. Ill look at it next week, Im heading out of town for the rest of the weekend. I appreciate anyone who installs this, and helping out here. I think if we can "integrate" it enough, well really have something special here.

~J

================EDIT==================

It looks like the function calls are located in /includes/ucp/
ucp_profile.php Im going to remap the calls, and search out the rest of the ucp and see what happens. Yay for breaking the dev site lol. Anyways ill report back if the modifications work and update the package.

Code:

$data = array(
               'icq'         => request_var('icq', $phpBB3user->data['user_icq']),
               'aim'         => request_var('aim', $phpBB3user->data['user_aim']),
               'msn'         => request_var('msn', $phpBB3user->data['user_msnm']),
               'yim'         => request_var('yim', $phpBB3user->data['user_yim']),
               'jabber'      => utf8_normalize_nfc(request_var('jabber', $phpBB3user->data['user_jabber'], true)),
               'website'      => request_var('website', $phpBB3user->data['user_website']),
               'location'      => utf8_normalize_nfc(request_var('location', $phpBB3user->data['user_from'], true)),
               'occupation'   => utf8_normalize_nfc(request_var('occupation', $phpBB3user->data['user_occ'], true)),
               'interests'      => utf8_normalize_nfc(request_var('interests', $phpBB3user->data['user_interests'], true)),
            );

=================EDIT==================
[url] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I think the reformatting issues lay in the css file. Validation has a TON of errors, that will need to get looked into, im not good w/ css files but ill take a crack, if anyone else wants to look also, check the url for your installation here

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

jbabey

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:15 am Reply with quote

a friend of mine "adsy - Karakas" was able to correct the email issue, Ill post change files here, and update the main post with a new installer in a few minutes. I am building the install.

Wave

Here are just the changed files to fix the subscribe to topic/forum issue [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:05 am Reply with quote

Seems to run very fast on your site! Very exciting can't wait to see the final results!

kenno
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:09 am Reply with quote

Keep up the good work made here.

Thanks for posting this, sorry I can not help with the remaining issues though

wHiTeHaT

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:12 am Reply with quote

i would realy like to see a current phpbb3 style intregrated.

What happens if you load the phpbb3 prosilver theme , and remove the forums style folder from the ravennuke theme you using?

luckson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:55 pm Reply with quote

Any new updates? I'd like to see this Smile

Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:43 am Reply with quote

This is very good news, any updates since you're last posting ?

jbabey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:33 pm Reply with quote

thebishop wrote:
This is very good news, any updates since you're last posting ?

unfortunately no. The person I was working with lost interest, so it kind of stalemated from there. I will upload what I have later this week, and hopefully we can get some movement.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:44 am Reply with quote

Can you upload the whole package you have? I will test it to see if I can find any problem. Let me know.

jbabey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:41 am Reply with quote

unicornio wrote:
Can you upload the whole package you have? I will test it to see if I can find any problem. Let me know.

The last Mediafire link appears to still be active. I can also just zip up what I have on my site, it will have my graphics and such, but it may have some more changes I have made since I posted that up there.

Let me know which you prefer and Ill hop on it!

Thanks for your interest

*EDIT*

Ill post hard links in a second, and up packing up my current files. Ill have links in a few minutes.

**EDIT**

Updated post 1 with download links, and my updated modules/phpbb3 folder. I also dumped the links on my own site so they wont go down and you dont have to bother with mediafire.

ANY & ALL Help you guys can give is greatly appreciated as I dont have the skills to progress this project any further alone.

Thanks again!!!

Cool Cool Cool

jbabey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:40 am Reply with quote

Updated links in first post.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:53 am Reply with quote

Thank you very much. Is it possible to change the name of phpbb3 into forums to get rid of the original forums? I do not remember if that is possible.

kenno

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:14 pm Reply with quote

I want to give this a whirl, but I don`t suppose someone could tell a dumb arse like me what I am doing wrong as to the reason why it won`t install.

I have uploaded the contents of the phpbb3 folder to the site but when I navigate over to the install page I get an error

Code:
Unable to locate the RavenNuke™ configuration file - rnconfig.php

It could be missing or not readable. Please verify that the file exists and is readable in the root folder.

This may also be caused by a third party module/script which attempts to include config.php directly rather than including mainfile.php and letting it load config.php, or otherwise does not follow RavenNuke(tm) standards on how the constant INCLUDE_PATH is defined (this is done in mainfile.php, and is dependent upon other constants). [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 440: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/carstest/public_html/config.php:107)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 441: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/carstest/public_html/config.php:107)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 442: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/carstest/public_html/config.php:107)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 443: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/carstest/public_html/config.php:107)

There is also no install button that it refers to. Has anyone else installed this ?

Anyone know what I am doing wrong here ?

Thanks Mark

jbabey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote

kenno wrote:
I want to give this a whirl, but I don`t suppose someone could tell a dumb arse like me what I am doing wrong as to the reason why it won`t install.

I have uploaded the contents of the phpbb3 folder to the site but when I navigate over to the install page I get an error

Code:
Unable to locate the RavenNuke(tm) configuration file - rnconfig.php

It could be missing or not readable. Please verify that the file exists and is readable in the root folder.

This may also be caused by a third party module/script which attempts to include config.php directly rather than including mainfile.php and letting it load config.php, or otherwise does not follow RavenNuke(tm) standards on how the constant INCLUDE_PATH is defined (this is done in mainfile.php, and is dependent upon other constants). [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 440: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/carstest/public_html/config.php:107)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 441: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/carstest/public_html/config.php:107)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 442: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/carstest/public_html/config.php:107)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 443: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/carstest/public_html/config.php:107)

There is also no install button that it refers to. Has anyone else installed this ?

Anyone know what I am doing wrong here ?

Thanks Mark

I never came across the issue, I have reinstalled it using the downloads above on my dev server just to ensure the instructions work, and i did not have any issues getting it re-installed.

Anyone else have some ideas?

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:18 am Reply with quote

As for the data calls, I would leave them alone and change the global variable of $phpBB3user. This way, wherever those variables are (and whatever the field names are), you won't have to hunt them down and change them everywhere in phpbb3. As long as those fields exist in the nuke users tables (again, regardless of what they are), they will work properly.

Next, if you are using GoogleTap functionality, yes, there will be some necessary modifications to support the new destinations! One example is instead of changing the profile to point to phpbb3 pages (in the 100 places it shows that option), I instead made Googletap handle it and changed the destination THERE to point to Your_Account. Thus, keeping the methodology for viewing and updating user data centralized and standardized. Meaning, there are things in Nuke that are not in phpbb3 and I wanted ALL of that data (and the table updates) to be consistent.

I remember hardcoding my menus (I can't remember why, but I did) to point to Nuke's "Your Account" .html page but keep in mind, I had that integrated phpbb3 with 1CMS 3 or 4 years ago and so you'll have to forgive me for not remembering why I did that.

I do remember that I set all of the globals (for example $phpbbuser) in one place so I didn't need to change them in the phpbb3 code.

If I get time today, I'll look at your site for corrections to the templates to fix compliance errors.

Hope this helps!
Steph

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic