Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Converting/Creating Modules
kd8hho
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:25 pm Reply with quote

using RN latest. went though the entire EDL 2.1 module doing the DBI to DB conversion (man did that take awhile)

i got most of it working but ive hit a roadblock I just cant figure out. good ol white page of death

[12-Apr-2011 17:14:04] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting '=' in /home/*******/public_html/modules/Downloads/admin/index.php on line 589

Code:

while(list($cid, $sid, $title, $url, $description, $name, $email, $hits, $submitter, $filesize, $version, $homepage, $ns_compat, $ns_des_img, $ns_disable, $ns_mirror_one, $ns_mirror_two, $ns_dl_down_note) $db->sql_fetchrow($result)) {

original line 589
Code:

while(list($cid, $sid, $title, $url, $description, $name, $email, $hits, $submitter, $filesize, $version, $homepage, $ns_compat, $ns_des_img, $ns_disable, $ns_mirror_one, $ns_mirror_two, $ns_dl_down_note) = sql_fetch_row($result, $dbi)) {

Linux Register User #481509 | Ubuntu Register User #25492 
kd8hho

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:53 pm Reply with quote

HA! figured it out. I was beating my head on the table to hard it was right in front of me. I was missing the =

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quote

Hmmmm, something is telling me you were doing this steps manually. Why don't u use the search tool from your editor and search for sql_fetch_row and replace with $db->sql_fetchrow. That is just an example so you don't make this mistakes. Notepad2 is what I use for years and it is amazing how many things does.

Decent Editor Free and Looks Like Notepad
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Wink I just wanted to remind u

kd8hho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:44 pm Reply with quote

I use gphpedit on linux mint debian edition.

I should have used the search, but didnt. scanned line by line with me eyes (as i get older i realize they are not as good as they once was) but for the amount that I did i only ended up with a couple errors (this one i should have caught it was right in front of me the whole time, guess thats what happens when you are lacking sleep lol)

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:35 pm Reply with quote

I was doing exactly the same as u(making changin manually) but actually the best and more efficient way is to use the search. Respect the SPACE. lol

Last edited by hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total 
kd8hho

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:17 pm Reply with quote

search is easier, but lack of sleep you dont always think of the "easy way" lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Converting/Creating Modules

View next topic
View previous topic