Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.6.x
dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:59 pm Reply with quote

First of all I simply hate challenge-response email but I understand somewhat why users have it to avoid spam.

Any ideas how to address this function when a user signs up for new registration and we get an email back to authenticate our registration auto-email address? Hope I'm clear on this .. Wink

I have a disclaimer on my support site that such email challenges, ie, spamarrest for example will not be honored.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:37 pm Reply with quote

I don't think there is any effective method for dealing with these services, as they generally are looking for some type of human response, such as "paste this in the subject line", etc.

dad7732

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:39 pm Reply with quote

Since it's a rare occasion best to let things be as they are and maybe the potential registrant "may" get the idea.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:48 pm Reply with quote

All of those services are good at preventing spam, as well as about 50% of your legitimate email from reaching your inbox Smile Those users should be used to it, lol.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:31 am Reply with quote

I have hard coded my admin email address for registrations to a dead box so my server completely ignores bounces and these sorts of challenge/response mails.

dad7732

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:10 pm Reply with quote

I did this as well but since the "postmaster" account was valid, I got all the bounce notifications anyway. I have since disabled the postmaster account on all three of my servers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.6.x

View next topic
View previous topic