Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
yourmother
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:20 am Reply with quote

I uploaded the new Ravennuke and theyre is a shoutbox in. im messing around with it too long and looked to too many sites for help etc etc etc so this is my last try to fix it:P
I can see the history off the Shoutbox but it doesnt display it on the Homepage. Why is this? Do i need to refer something. Pls explain very slow cause im nubcake with it and also in english
Wink

yourmother

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:22 am Reply with quote

Btw [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] = webby u can see Shout history:S

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:55 am Reply with quote

It is probably a javascript conflict with the window.onload=. There is a work around in the Shoutbox install.txt section 8 about this.

edit: Also, have you tried switching to a standard RavenNuke theme to eliminate the possibility of a theme related issues.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:17 am Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
It is probably a javascript conflict with the window.onload=. There is a work around in the Shoutbox install.txt section 8 about this.

edit: Also, have you tried switching to a standard RavenNuke theme to eliminate the possibility of a theme related issues.

Ive bin busy on this theme for SOOOO long
Crying or Very sad I think i have done like 5000 hours off tutorials atm. dont wanna change back but i dont think thats the issue because history is showing it

yourmother

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:17 am Reply with quote

Activated ur account BTW RavensScripts

nuken

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:18 am Reply with quote

It's probably not theme related. It am pretty sure it is the javascript conflict.

yourmother

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:48 pm Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
It's probably not theme related. It am pretty sure it is the javascript conflict.

how do i fix it? can it be fixed? u saw shout history nuken>? Somewhere theyre is just a small thing to be editted i think . it shows all stuff in History

nuken

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:13 pm Reply with quote

The included install.txt file gives you directions on how to modify the other blocks and the shoutbox.js to get them to work together.

Code:

8) JAVASCRIPT:
    -It is a known fact that, if two or more javascript apps use window.onload=, that one or more will fail.
    -I have provided an area within the shoutbox.js file at the top to resolve this.
    -Open all your other blocks and modules that use window.onload= in KATE or wordpad and write down all the onload events. Watch CAPS!
    -NOTE: window.onload=WorldClock will become WorldClock();
    -Place a // in front of all those window.onload events, save, and reupload. This stops them from running.
        -Example: // window.onload=WorldClock
    -Open shoutbox.js
    -At the top youll see:
           function allonloads() {
           populate();

}
    -Place all your events in it like this:
           function allonloads() {
           populate();
           WorldClock();
           Something();
           SomethingElse();

}
    -This starts all your blocks with javascript running again without conflict.
    -Save and upload shoutbox.js
    -Note: The shout box will have to be on the left side of your site in order for the others to work (unless all your blocks using javascript are on the right side).
    -PLANNED: v9.0 of the shout box will eliminate this entire javascript hassle! Yea!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic