Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:00 pm Reply with quote

Whenever a reply is entered in the forum where the user has opted to be emailed, this error is showing up:

Code:
Failed sending email :: PHP :: 

DEBUG MODE

Line : 238
File : emailer.php

Ideas?

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quote

If you are not trying to use SMTP per forum preferences, Then I would have to assume that you do not have send mail configured correctly.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
dad7732

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote

Never had this problem until moving to the new VPS. Sendmail is sending mail ok for all the regular email accounts. Is there anything special with RN regarding sendmail? Not using SMTP in the forums, never have. Now, are you speaking of "sendmail" on the server itself or what?

Palbin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

dad7732

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:18 pm Reply with quote

I'll have to look at it when I get home but interestingly on the other domain on this vps, it works ok. Maybe if I copy over the /modules/forums/ from the new to the old .. ?

Palbin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:22 pm Reply with quote

Probably not as the forum has not change in quite a while.

dad7732

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:32 pm Reply with quote

Definitely something wrong somewhere on both domains. Clicking on Resend Email, the language file isn't being accessed, seeing:
Code:
_PENDINGREGISTRATIONS

And the rest of the page, the same. The language file is there and is complete in both domains. Something obviously is missing, table maybe? Dunno

Don't see it being the DB as both show 164 tables. My guess is missing a file somewhere but both sites were uploaded with the same 2.4.0.1 distro.

dad7732

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:35 pm Reply with quote

On the newest domain, registration email isn't even being sent. "Sendmail" on the server is working just fine, FWIW.

dad7732

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:34 am Reply with quote

Configured my major support site to send via smtp until we can figure out the debug error in emailer.php line 238. The other site is not a production site so we can diddle with it as much as we want.

dad7732

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:58 am Reply with quote

Update:

The only way I'm getting outgoing mail to work is to enable Tegonuke mailer for SMTP as well as in the forum config. Must be something in the PHP.INI file that needs uncommenting, I think I ran across this somewhere.

The test site is now sending out registration email as well as the forum post notify email on both sites.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic