Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.6.x
zacklk
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:21 am Reply with quote

Can anyone please tell me the best configuration for nuke sentinel blockers. it seems like lot of my valued users are getting block for no reason what so ever. so i really appreciate if someone can tell me the correct configurations.

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:55 am Reply with quote

Usually the default setup is fine. If you have a lot of user getting blocked we need to know what the message they are getting says.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
zacklk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:07 am Reply with quote

especially they are getting block from the "GET" Request Method.

zacklk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:30 am Reply with quote

Do i need to keep the blockers off? my all blockers configured to block, forward and email.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote

As Palbin stated, we really need to know what is happening that is leading to the blocking. On some of my sites I've had problems with people copying and pasting from Word into the wysiwyg text areas for instance. Word puts a lot of codes into what it copies over that NS chokes on. You can paste as plain text and the codes get stripped out but so does the formatting. So, if what's happening is that people are submitting news articles or calendar items and using paste from Word you will want to either disable copy from Word or turn off certain blockers. But we need to know first if that's the cause.

zacklk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:09 pm Reply with quote

so can i ask one thing. in default configurations most of the blockers are in email admin. is that enough to keep the hackers away.

zacklk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:50 am Reply with quote

This is what i get mostly in my emails

Created By: NukeSentinel(tm) 2.6.03
Date & Time: 2010-06-16 21:47:38 MDT GMT -0600
Blocked IP: 174.129.146.212
User ID: Anonymous (1)
Reason: Abuse-Harvest
String Match: curl
--------------------
Referer: none
User Agent: PycURL/7.18.2
HTTP Host: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Script Name: /modules.php
Query String: name=News&file=article&sid=505
Get String: name=News&file=article&sid=505
Post String: Not Available
Forwarded For: none
Client IP: none
Remote Address: 174.129.146.212
Remote Port: 44933
Request Method: HEAD
--------------------

jQuery.noConflict();

zacklk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:51 am Reply with quote

Request Method: HEAD and Request Method: GET is getting block always.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:27 am Reply with quote

Ok, what kind of site are you running then? If these are truly your site users, it looks like they are making connections to your site from some other software running on their computers, not a browser. This is highly unusual... these types of blocks are usually quite common and desired.

zacklk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:47 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Ok, what kind of site are you running then? If these are truly your site users, it looks like they are making connections to your site from some other software running on their computers, not a browser. This is highly unusual... these types of blocks are usually quite common and desired.

Hi Mr.montego. nice to see you again. helping people even after you resign from RN. anyways i have a music site. it have lot of mp 3 downloads. can it be they are using a software like "Internet download manager" or "getright"?

montego

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:16 am Reply with quote

Yes, that very well could be. If you do not care about people ripping your content with these kinds of auto-downloaders, then I would just turn off your Harvestor blocker. The HEAD and GET ones are a bit disconcerting to turn those off, but you may have no choice if this type of downloading is really a key feature for your customers.

zacklk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:27 am Reply with quote

thanks for the advice sir.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.6.x

View next topic
View previous topic