Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
mordbuster
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:18 am Reply with quote

Here's another one I've never seen before. When I try to create, copy/paste, or edit a post with a message body that is larger than the text box, the scroll bar keeps grounding itself back to the top. It shows the text that I'm typing but will not stay in any position except the top. If I try to select a character outside of the top section, then it drives itself home and selects all of the text for the post. This happens only when I'm typing. I can grab the scroll bar and move it down and it will stay... until I try to type.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:52 am Reply with quote

this only happens in IE, and is a known bug for almost a year now (no patch yet, grrrr)

Quote:
When a textarea is specified with a percentage width in IE8 Standards mode, and contains more text than is visible without scrolling, the scroll position may move when editing. This occurs when you scroll down and edit a line, the line you are editing will then be scrolled down further, usually to the bottom of the visible area. If the width is specified in pixels the issue does not occur, it also does not occur in compability mode.

related: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Image Firefox FTW Smile

mordbuster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:20 am Reply with quote

Odd... This didn't happen with the basic PHP NUke 8.0.

So, just use compatibility mode and the text box scroll bar should behave normally?

EDIT: I tried the compatibility mode and it still didn't work.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:32 am Reply with quote

Are you talking about it happening here, or on one of your sites?

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:22 pm Reply with quote

Well I never actually tested this extensively, or the supposed fix... but it appears to happen on textarea's that are defined by px width too... Sad

found that you have to set the height in px width as well.

this change seemed to work for me, for instance:
themes/CT_RN/forums/posting_body.tpl
line number 372
find
<textarea name="message" rows="15" cols="35" style="width:450px" tabindex="3" class="post" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);">{MESSAGE}</textarea>

change to
<textarea name="message" rows="15" cols="30" style="width:450px;height:300px;" tabindex="3" class="post" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);">{MESSAGE}</textarea>

* notice I also decreased the columns since I was getting horizontal scrollbars in Firefox

If you could try the fix and let me know it would be appreciated Smile

mordbuster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:02 pm Reply with quote

jakec wrote:
Are you talking about it happening here, or on one of your sites?

I was posting about this happening on my own site. It does it here, too. hmm...

I am using the same theme as this site at the moment. I could try to edit the theme on my website, and see if it changes anything. Worst thing that'll happen is nothing changes. If I break it, I guess I can always restore the file.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:37 pm Reply with quote

If your using fisubice try replacing
themes/fisubice/forums/posting_body.tpl with the file in this archive
Image [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

(assuming you have not customized it or added forum mods)

mordbuster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:05 pm Reply with quote

Sweet! thank you. I have not modified the theme at all, except to put my own banner on the top. I'm trying to get AutoTheme running so I can save myself a bunch of time in building a custom theme.

mordbuster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:13 pm Reply with quote

FIXED! You are the man! Thank you so much!

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:25 am Reply with quote

And thanks to spasticdonkey for getting these fixes into the upcoming 2.40.01 patch release!! Soon, very soon...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic