Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
dmtalon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:47 am Reply with quote

So,

I needed to change servers, so I tar'd up the website files, I dumped the database, and moved everything over.

Most things seem to work on the site, however when I log into the admin control panel I can not select any modules (error of "Access Denied"). I can also only see the top row of modules, with another text error of "Access Denied" showing on the left above the first module. The next module that "should" of showed up (first one on the second line) would be Gallery2.

I've gone through and checked the permissions, and via mysql changed the url's from the old to the new, but nothing seems to have helped. If I click on the gallery link on the link section I also get a second error "You can't access this file directly..."

Old server is using apache2 new server is on nginx but every other site I've had/moved seems to work fine (php sites included).

I'm sure it's something simple, I just can't figure it out. BTW, this is an old install of RN like 2.10.1. But it works fine on the old server.

Thanks for any help.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:49 am Reply with quote

Run phpinfo() on each server and compare the 2 PHP environmental setups. Be sure to NOT post any phpinfo() information publicly that could compromise your server security.

dmtalon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:29 am Reply with quote

looks like _SERVER["PHP_SELF"] is not being passed correctly. If I modify that line to a variable that is being passed _SERVER["DOCUMENT_URI"] then my gallery comes up! Thanks for the idea. I just need to figure out how to get fastcgi to pass the php_self variable. adding it didn't seem to work...

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:35 am Reply with quote

Use _SERVER["SCRIPT_NAME"] instead.

dmtalon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:40 am Reply with quote

that's not even listed in phpinfo(). it is on the old server (using apache). I just need to figure out how to get these globals passed correctly I think Smile

dmtalon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quote

BINGO... Smile got both script_name and php_self passed through!

Thanks for the point in the right direction. Both modules page shows all modules, and the gallery is working.

I figured it would be something simple Smile (yet not obvious)

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:00 am Reply with quote

RavensScripts

dmtalon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:31 am Reply with quote

We're moving (sold our house) and I needed to get that off my home server Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic