Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP
durkainator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quote

I downloaded a php theme for my website. The instructions for installing it however are vague.

The first thing it says to do is to "Simply upload all the files inside the html folder of this zip to the root of your nuke installation on your server"

Which root is this on the filemanger?

Would this be Web Root or Document Root?

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:24 pm Reply with quote

Your root directory is the main section on your server. Depending on your servers configuration, it could be called public_html or html or any number of things. You will find config.php and rnconfig.php there. Your themes go into a folder called themes. After you download and unzip your theme, you will usually see a folder called html. Inside there you should (but not always, depending on the author) an install.txt file and a folder ex(Your_Theme). That is what you will want to upload to your webservers theme directory. You can than go to your admin section under preferences and change themes. I would recommend checking the theme through a test user name to make sure it is compatible with RavenNuke before you set it as your theme system wide (ie through your admin preferences.)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:28 pm Reply with quote

I'm sorry, inside the html folder you will usually see a folder themes and inside there you will see a folder (example) Your_Theme. That is what you want to upload to your servers themes directory.

sexycoder
Spammer and overall low life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:03 pm Reply with quote

Hi durkainator

Root is where your config.php is
Root is where your mainfile.php is
Root could be inside public_html folder as nuken says.
Root is where admin.php is

When you open a ftp you can see lots of folders like block modules themes, etc. Open your files

Sometimes I find this

html/name of the theme/name of the theme/then all the files

Dont be afraid just do click on the folder until u see theme.php then u can upload the name of the folder before to your theme folder on the root.

If you still dont understand then play around. Search on google and I am very sure u will find a video tutorial on how to do that. Success.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP

View next topic
View previous topic