Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Nuke Evolution
snype
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:00 am Reply with quote

hey all! got a question that some one may be able to help me with (not you eldo lol) Laughing well currently i am running an evo-xtreme site and i now want to run RN and add the mods i want instead of having endless mods that i wont use and just sit there collecting dust, so my question is what steps can i take to install it and keep my forums and users? SQL i am not too good with but i know the tables are so different and i can only edit so much befor it starts getting to complicated.

But i was wondering if anyone knows of an easy way or if there is an Rolling Eyes upgrade script Rolling Eyes then that would be amazing

Regards
snype

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:10 pm Reply with quote

I'm not aware of any pre-made scripts to convert between Evo and RN. However, there are several utilities (the one I've used was created by Guardian at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] that can identify the differences between 2 databases - and generate the SQL to, for example, change your Evo (preferably, a backup) to RN. That isn't a complete solution, since you'd probably need to add / update records, too.

You might consider an approach of installing RN in 2 databases. Then drop the tables from one of the RN databases that exist in your EVO database. Then backup the EVO tables and restore to the modified RN database. Then compare that to the unchanged RN database and modify the Evo tables, setting default data for any new fields, and updating data as appropriate.

If you're not good with SQL, you might wish to hire someone to assist. But without doing the comparison of the differences, it would be difficult to determine how complex the change would be.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:14 am Reply with quote

If your really struggling, email me and I'll see if I can fit you in somewhere and run the comparison for you. I'm a bit snowing with a new mdule I'm writing and a couple of themes I'm re-writing for some users here but if it isn't "need it done yesterday", you can mail me.

eldorado
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:30 am Reply with quote

snype wrote:
hey all! got a question that some one may be able to help me with (not you eldo lol)

..... stop being lazy , kguske is right Razz

technocrat
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quote

If you just want the users and/or the forums then that shouldn't be hard.

The users table still has the core fields unchanged (in standard Evo, I have no idea about Extreme). So you can simply import it and it should work fine without doing anything.

Same with the core forum tables. But you might want to check those tables to be sure.

If you want all the other modules, then you might want to forget it. There are to many changes that I don't think you can revert back from.

snype

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:26 am Reply with quote

just dropping the tables wont work i am porting the users now one by one removing all the extra fields after i have done this i will try the forums which again are full of extra fields than RN

technocrat

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:35 am Reply with quote

Again the extra fields dont matter for the users table. All that matters is the core fields. When a new users is created it should use a proper insert which only fills in the required fields, which I believe Evo has all the fields you need. All you should have to do then is just add in any missing fields that RN has which Evo doesn't.

snype

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:52 am Reply with quote

this is a table from xtreme "nuke_users"
Code:
INSERT INTO `nuke_users` (`user_id`, `name`, `username`, `user_email`, `femail`, `user_website`, `user_avatar`, `user_regdate`, `user_icq`, `user_occ`, `user_from`, `user_interests`, `user_sig`, `user_viewemail`, `user_theme`, `user_aim`, `user_yim`, `user_msnm`, `user_password`, `storynum`, `umode`, `uorder`, `thold`, `noscore`, `bio`, `ublockon`, `ublock`, `theme`, `commentmax`, `counter`, `newsletter`, `user_posts`, `user_attachsig`, `user_rank`, `user_level`, `broadcast`, `popmeson`, `user_active`, `user_session_time`, `user_session_page`, `user_lastvisit`, `user_timezone`, `user_style`, `user_lang`, `user_dateformat`, `user_new_privmsg`, `user_unread_privmsg`, `user_last_privmsg`, `user_emailtime`, `user_allowhtml`, `user_allowbbcode`, `user_allowsmile`, `user_allowavatar`, `user_allow_pm`, `user_allow_viewonline`, `user_notify`, `user_notify_pm`, `user_popup_pm`, `user_avatar_type`, `user_sig_bbcode_uid`, `user_actkey`, `user_newpasswd`, `points`, `last_ip`, `user_login_tries`, `user_last_login_try`, `agreedtos`, `lastsitevisit`) VALUES(5, '__latin__', '__latin__', '', '', '', 'gallery/blank.gif', 'Jan 17, 2009', '', '', '', NULL, '', '', 0, NULL, '', '', '', '', 10, 'nested', 0, 0, 0, '', 0, NULL, 'DD-Army101', 4096, 0, 1, 0, 1, 3, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1232996849, 0, 1232211046, -3.00, NULL, 'english', 'D M d, Y g:i a', 0, 0, 0, NULL, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4, 1, 0, 1, 1, 3, NULL, NULL, NULL, 0, '186.16.93.155', 70, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, '54ff00', '--3--', 1, 1, 6, 60, '0', 0, '1', 0, 1, NULL, 0, NULL, 0, 0, 0, NULL, 4, 0, 0, -1, -2, -2, -2, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, '');

this is the same table but i have removed all the extra fields so it matches RN tables

Code:
INSERT INTO `nuke_users` (`user_id`, `name`, `username`, `user_email`, `femail`, `user_website`, `user_avatar`, `user_regdate`, `user_icq`, `user_occ`, `user_from`, `user_interests`, `user_sig`, `user_viewemail`, `user_theme`, `user_aim`, `user_yim`, `user_msnm`, `user_password`, `storynum`, `umode`, `uorder`, `thold`, `noscore`, `bio`, `ublockon`, `ublock`, `theme`, `commentmax`, `counter`, `newsletter`, `user_posts`, `user_attachsig`, `user_rank`, `user_level`, `broadcast`, `popmeson`, `user_active`, `user_session_time`, `user_session_page`, `user_lastvisit`, `user_timezone`, `user_style`, `user_lang`, `user_dateformat`, `user_new_privmsg`, `user_unread_privmsg`, `user_last_privmsg`, `user_emailtime`, `user_allowhtml`, `user_allowbbcode`, `user_allowsmile`, `user_allowavatar`, `user_allow_pm`, `user_allow_viewonline`, `user_notify`, `user_notify_pm`, `user_popup_pm`, `user_avatar_type`, `user_sig_bbcode_uid`, `user_actkey`, `user_newpasswd`, `points`, `last_ip`, `user_login_tries`, `user_last_login_try`, `agreedtos`, `lastsitevisit`) VALUES(5, '__latin__', '__latin__', '', '', '', 'blank.gif', 'Jan 17, 2009', '', '', '', '', '', 0, NULL, '', '', '', '', 10, '', 0, 0, 0, '', 0, NULL, '', 4096, 0, 1, 0, 1, 3, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1232996849, 0, 1232211046, 10, NULL, 'english', 'D M d, Y g:i a', 0, 0, 1232303390, NULL, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 3, NULL, NULL, NULL, 0, '186.16.93.155', 0, 0, 0, 1242840308);

I have just removed some fields as it is personal info of my user's

anyway 5 down a load more to go lol i think i will just start a fresh from the forums

snype

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quote

ok kinda just crapped the idea and am starting a fresh site with Rn and will add a quick register form to save old users time

thanks for the help tho guys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Nuke Evolution

View next topic
View previous topic