Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes
kadabram
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:02 pm Reply with quote

Hello,

I switched from PHPNuke 8.0 to RavenNuke and I am happy with my choice, but there are some problems I encounter now.

The width of some modules (Web_Links, Feedback...) is now reduced as these modules think there are right blocks (but there is no right blocks). It doesn't affect all the modules, just a few of them. Confused

I suppose there is a conflict between my theme and RavenNuke. Is there a workaround to get the width adjusted correctly?

Thanks!

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:34 am Reply with quote

ya that looks like a theme problem.. not sure if it would be easier to fix your theme or try to mod RN fisubice to suit your needs. try the tidy html validator addon for firefox, see how many errors are present in your theme; that will help make your decision Smile

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:49 am Reply with quote

If you post a download for the theme you are using someone may be able to help you better.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
eldorado
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:24 am Reply with quote

Palbin wrote:
If you post a download for the theme you are using someone may be able to help you better.

Yep. Very Happy. I was going to answer him but decided not too.(procrastination maybe)

If you can't provide the theme , can you post a link. It would be better to understand why.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:52 pm Reply with quote

It could be this FAQ or the reverse of it.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

kadabram

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:17 am Reply with quote

Thank you for your help. Unfortunatly, I cannot post a download for the theme with the images included, because I don't have the right to do this (this is not a theme under GNU/GPL license). But here is a link with the HTML files only.

Theme Download here

PS: Hello Montego, I did read the FAQ and yes, my theme was not using the latest security feature(s)in the latest patches. I replaced
Code:
if ($index == 1) {

by
Code:
if (defined('INDEX_FILE')) {

Thank you for this Smile However, the problem is still there with RavenNuke feedback and Web_Links modules.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:37 am Reply with quote

There are several problems with this theme having had a quick look at it.
1 It uses the old banner module code which was replaced in phpNuke around version 7.7 (and RN) for the advertising module.
2 The function themeindex() uses the $ThemeSel variable which is not global and probably needs to be in that function
3 this theme uses the PHP eval() function which is quite dangerous

In summary, this is quite an old theme (certainly pre nuke 7.6) and is not XHTML Compliant but could be fixed. Finding someone to do the work for free though may take some patience - unfortunately I'm busy for several days otherwise I could help.

warren-the-ape
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:56 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
3 this theme uses the PHP eval() function which is quite dangerous

Hmm, could you please elaborate on this? I use this in my theme (pretty heavily edited though) as well.

What is the danger? And is there a work-around, or should I just place the contents of those separate template .html files in my theme.php altogether?

(don't want to hijack this thread btw but just curious about that point Wink)

kadabram

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:48 am Reply with quote

Thank you for time you took to take a look at it, Guardian2003! Now I understand that the theme is not up to date with the latest RavenNuke version and I need to fix it as soon as possible, for security and compatibility reasons. I appreciate sincerely your offer, and understand that you're busy and can't do this.

If someone is interested to fix my theme for free, I would be very happy, of course, but if someone can pm me a reasonable offer, maybe I can imagine paying for this too (note: if this is against the rules of this forum, please tell me ASAP, and I'll edit this message immediatly). Thanks.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quote

kadabram, If you cannot get help with this, please send me a PM Wednesday and I'll try to help.
warren-the-ape, - the use of eval() in theme's has never caused a problem but it is really too powerful a native function to be used in the manner it is when you can simply convert the html theme file into a php file and then simply 'include' it.
In the context of my comment it shouldn't be used for themes, think of eval as an "execute" command - 'nuff said.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes

View next topic
View previous topic