Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke
yomoma

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote

Anyone try this theme out for size yet? [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
I`m in a WAW clan and this theme would go nice for the site.
Currently we are using php nuke 8x along with the theme XD-Error
The theme we are using looks nice, but the integrated phpbb2 forums seem very buggy.
E-Mail notifications has issues
Quote feature in the forum doesnt work correctly
pm`s dont work at all... and the list goes on.
I`m not good with coding or editing php
So my question is that this cod world at war theme looks good, but it has integrated forums as well and I wanted to know if this theme may be as buggy as the one I`m using now.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quote

It sounds to me like you have more problems than just the theme, but I could be wrong.

If you use one of the stock themes that comes with phpnuke do the errors go away?

floppydrivez
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:30 pm Reply with quote

It is very rare for a theme to cause the above problems and Jakec mentioned.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:54 pm Reply with quote

Well, the theme must be an old one. The version of phpbb is 2.0.10
There is no other theme to switch to in the admin panel.
We are ready to go to a new host. Our current site is hosted by a game server provider which is doing us a favor by hosting the website. They dont even advertise hosting. So I think going to a new host will help alot. We found one that is using the latest version of phpbb.
I`m thinking going to a different host, one that advertise hosting should turn out better than what we got now.

floppydrivez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:57 pm Reply with quote

Phpnuke uses its own built in version of phpbb know as nukebb. Which is simply a version of phpbb ported to work with the nuke system. If you want to upgrade your nukebb version you need to pick a cms that is working towards your same goal.

Like raven nuke Smile A new host might fix one of your problems, but your nuke version is most likely the root of all your problems. It is like I tell all my site users, if you wish to avoid many problems down the road, your best bet is raven nuke. I personally wouldn't dream of using anything else, but only my personal opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic