Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues
henricsson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:09 pm Reply with quote

Hi there!
Maybe a stupid question but here goes: How do I create a user/admin/group that can post news and content, but not see for example the "Inactive modules" or change the start page module? Some kind of reporter/journalist function, that is.

Thanks in advance!

Tobias Henricsson

horrorcode
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:39 pm Reply with quote

The easiest way would be to go to Admin>Edit Groups>Add Group and create a group, say Reporters, and set as private. Then manually add the users to that group.

Then go to Admin>Modules>Submit News and set it to Who can view>Groups Only, and select the group/s.

Then all you have to do is either create an admin you can trust to review and approve the news giving them admin functionality for Submit News, or do it manually.

henricsson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:56 pm Reply with quote

Hi again, and thanks for your answer!
I'm not sure I understand this correct, so I'll ask... I can see that this applies to news, but does it also apply to "regular" pages (Content), polls, calendar etc?

In short, I want the users to be able to do the "every day stuff", but not change things that, accidently, could harm the site. The thing that crosses my mind is for example the home page, that should always be News.

Of course, one way of doing this would be to move vall the inactive modules from /htdocs/html/modules to another page, but that seems like a long shot, and very time-consuming.

I hope you understand what I mean even though English is not my first language... Smile

Thanks again!

Tobias

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quote

Go to the Admin Menu and select Edit Admin.

Then in the Add a New Administrator area enter their details and tick the boxes for News & Content, click Add Author and job done.

They will be able to see the inactive modules, but they won't be able to do anything else.

horrorcode

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quote

Apologies...That should be *giving them admin functionality for News... But Im not sure if theyd be able to see submissions, never tried it.

horrorcode

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:59 pm Reply with quote

Just like he said^^ Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues

View next topic
View previous topic