Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
oyjord
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:31 pm Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have a slightly older ravennuke install I put up a year or so ago. It used to work just fine, and my users have been loving it.

But, it's been really slowing down a lot lately. Godaddy, the host, says it's not them. I've asked many times for them to take a look at their host and dbase server, they say it's golden there.

So I've repaired/optimized the dbase, emptied a couple large tables, trimmed the nuke dbase to 12M...and it's still slow. I deactivated many blocks and modules, and still, it's slow.

Does anyone have any advice how I should proceed? Is there a way of finding out exactly which application (coppermine, the forums, etc) which may be clogging my pipes? Does just deactivating the blocks/modules help in troubleshooting the problem, or do I have to completely delete the table entries?

It's weird, the site used to be just fine....

Thanks for your help,
Oyjord.

PS: the site is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:56 pm Reply with quote

If you're on a shared server, there really isn't anything you can do. I would suggest pay for better hosting Smile

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Susann

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:00 am Reply with quote

I´ve been blocked when I tried to check your site. Anyway make sure your RavenNuke version, NukeSentinel version is up-to-date, optimize your images and maybe reduce the images, signatures in your forums.

express
Client

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:36 pm Reply with quote

I too had the same problem that you speak of. I had the premium plan with godaddy. Originally my site was up to speed and no one had issues with upload time. Then for the past several months it kept being slower and I began to recieve reports from users on how slow it was. I called godaddies tech support many times trying to figure out why it was now so slow. We did trace routes/ping tests, reinstalled programs, optimized databases/etc. All with no results.
After pursuing this problem so long, I finally found out that they had migrated my original hosting account to another server. My guess is that this server is way overloaded and crowded and that is what was causing my site to crawl.
I decided to try another hosting company and install RN and the same web site there to see if it was just the host company. It was.

I currently have no problem with this speed issue with the new hosting company. I chose a business plan they offered and it appears that has fixed the problem for now. However, I am sure that once the number of other clients increases on this server, I'll probably re-experience the speed issues. I am not promoting nor condeming any of the hosting companies. Just sharing what I had experienced.

Susann

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:57 am Reply with quote

At [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] you can find out how many sites are hosted on a shared server.
I personally host my Nuke sites with max 50 other sites. Thats the maximum and I pay for this. At any time they would transfer my sites for free to an other server if I had issues. Don´t know if there is a great difference beneed PHP 4 and 5 with the speed but I will find it out some time.

mars
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:10 am Reply with quote

You also have a block calling content from an external site, so if that site is slow to respond then your site is going to be slow.

Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quote

Susann wrote:
I´ve been blocked when I tried to check your site

Im banned as well after i clicked the link you posted above Laughing

But define 'slow'; takes time to load the complete page (white > page) or does it load in stages (one.. block.. at.. a.. time..)?

Susann

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:25 am Reply with quote

No wonder its NukeSentinel(tm) 2.4.2pl5. I´m again blocked. Rolling Eyes
@oyjord better remove the link from your post or update IP2Country and NS and clear the banned IPs.
Beneed this there is a difference in speed using RavenNuke or just standard Nuke.

slackervaara
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:21 am Reply with quote

Susann wrote:
At [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] you can find out how many sites are hosted on a shared server.
I personally host my Nuke sites with max 50 other sites. Thats the maximum and I pay for this. At any time they would transfer my sites for free to an other server if I had issues. Don´t know if there is a great difference beneed PHP 4 and 5 with the speed but I will find it out some time.

Many thanks for this tip! My web hotel has 870 sites on the same server, as mine. Not strange that it sometimes get slow, but I pay only 30 USD/year. How much do you pay for your web hotel?

Susann

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:32 am Reply with quote

135 USD/year for my 3 websites.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic